Chapter 12

I take Michael’s hand and put it to my mouth. I’m about to take a lick when, Sam comes downstairs, breaking both Michael and I’s concentration.

“Michael? Dylan? Are you there, Nanook?” Sam comes down in his robe and look at the three of us, confusion plastered onto his face. 

Finally, he notices Michael’s hand and yells, “What happened, Michael!?”

“Nanook…” He answers weakly and I pull him to me, seeing as that helped before. 

“What about Nonook?  What have you done to Nanook?!  What have you done to my dog, you asshole?!” Sam begins to overreact. 

“Sam! Calm down! Can’t you see this is your brother’s blood? Your dog bit him!” I yell back, suddenly protective of Michael for some odd reason. 

“What did you to do him, Michael? Why did he bite you?” Sam continues to asks questions, not even acknowledging the fact that his brother is pale and looks sickly. 

“He was protecting you.” I answer for him. 

“From wha—“ Sam begins but then gasps.

“What?” Michael asks. 

“Look at your reflections in the mirror!”

Michael and I look ahead and see that we’re both semi-transparent but it doesn’t phase me. Michael on the other hand is shocked. 

“You guys are creatures of the night! Just like the comic book...You're a vampires! Goddamn shit-sucking vampires!” He overreacts yet again, “Wait'll Mom finds out!”

Michael gets up and is about to run after Sam, but I hold him back.

“He’s gonna tell mom!” Michael says trying to pull away.

“Relax Michael. Like your mom is actually going to believe him. If anything, she’ll think it’s a prank. So for right now, get some rest.” I say calmly and he nods. 

“Where are you going to sleep?” He asked and I shrug.

“I was thinking of flying home. But after what just happened, I need to keep an eye on you.” I explained and he nodded. 

“Well, um you can sleep in my room and I’ll crash on the floor.” He says scratching the back of his neck. 

“Or we could both sleep in your bed because nothing would happen considering I’m not really attracted to you like that and you’re into Star.” I say and walk past him and up the stairs. 

Michael goes ahead of me and soon we are in his room. He opens his drawers and pulls out two t-shirts and two pairs of shorts. He then tosses me a set. Not shy of my body, I change right there and slide into the bed. I look at Michael, who looks surprised but then shakes his head and changes himself.  I would think he was hot, if it weren’t for the fact that he had a hairy chest. 

“G’night, Michael.” I yawn and turn on my side with my back facing him.

“Night.”