Chapter 8: You Are My Forever

*****

"Ms. Kim, there is a very high chance that you may not be able to reproduce with anyone."

A very high chance.

You may not be able to.

Well shit.

*****

"Babe?"

After the realization hit Jisoo like a fifty ton eighteen wheeler, she shut down. She didn't acknowledge the fact that she basically heard the doctor say what she wanted to hear. She just dropped her head and dug the heels of her hands into her eyes.

Jennie was still knelt in front of her girlfriend - no fiancée, she corrected in her head - waiting for her to answer her question. And right now, the situation didn't look too pleasing with the way Jisoo had just allowed her head to fall into her hands.

Sighing, Jennie stood up and slid into the seat next to Jisoo. She pulled at Jisoo's arms, wanting to lock their eyes together. Maybe if she could look into Jisoo's eyes, she could see what she was thinking, because Jennie was definitely not getting very far otherwise.

Jisoo allowed Jennie to pull her hands away from her face, but she kept her head down facing her knees. Her eyes were squeezed shut and her hands balled into fists when Jennie tried to interlace their fingers.

"Chu, say something. Can I get pregnant or not?" Jennie huffed.

The silence Jennie received from Jisoo was answer enough. She shot up from her seat again. Right now, she just needed to get away from Jisoo. This wasn't how their lives were supposed to go!

Jisoo wasn't supposed to be able reproduce.

Jennie wasn't supposed to be able give Jisoo a biological child.

They have school, a wedding, their entire lives! And now this is just going to ruin everything both of them had ever planned.

Quickly, Jisoo reached out and grabbed Jennie's hand before she was able to get too far away. She stood up and attempted to pull Jennie into her body, but the brunette only resisted. Being close to Jisoo wasn't what she needed, despite the calm feeling that overtook her body every time they embraced.

Jisoo pulled harder on Jennie's arm and this time Jennie allowed herself to crumble into Jisoo's strong hold.

"I'm sorry," Jisoo whispered into Jennie's neck. "I'm so sorry, Jen."

What felt like hours of Jisoo holding Jennie repeating her apology again and again only lasted a few short moments. The teens had fallen back down on to the uncomfortable plastic seats with Jisoo's arms tightly wrapped around Jennie's neck. Jennie had her head burrowed in Jisoo's chest.

Jennie pulled back and Jisoo reluctantly let her arms fall to Jennie's hand so they could at least keep some form of contact.

"This is going to be hard, but, if I am...pregnant, then I want us to be together," Jennie hesitantly started.

"There is no way I'd ever leave you pregnant with my child, Jennie. I can't do that to you because I love you too much to ever hurt you like that. You have to know that!"

"I do! I do, honey, I know that."

Jisoo let out a relieved sigh. She'd honestly thought for a second that Jennie didn't know her as well as she originally thought she did. The firm conviction of her voice told her that Jennie really thought that she'd leave. Jisoo panicked. She could never.