VIII.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

today is that company cookout that joe's hosting at his house. I didn't really know how it was gonna go, it could be fun but it could be boring, maybe even awkward hanging with my co workers and boss. but I guess we'll find out.

I put on a black floral "off the shoulder" romper and black sandals on. my hair was in a ponytail and I felt like I looked cute. took a few pictures in my outfit too.

after that, I left my house to head to joe's. his house wasn't too far from mine so only a couple minutes later, I was at his house.  when I pulled up at his house, I was amazed. joe lived in a mansion, a big and nice looking one at that.

but then again i'm not even too surprised that he lived here, his ego fit the size of it

I already heard music from the backyard as I was walking back there. once I did, it was people all over the backyard, eating and talking to one another. I was mostly looking around for natasha, she is the only one that I really talk too at work.

"hey anastasia!" a voice shouted out.

it was trinity, and she was sitting at a table with some of the co workers, including natasha. I walked over to them and sat down.

"hi everyone" I said with a smile.

"hey! you look really nice" natasha told me.

"thank you, you too" I said back.

"so is like the whole office here?".

"just about, every year joe has these things. it's apart of the whole family tradition that joe honors and respects with his life" trinity told me.

"his dad's here too, the og" natasha added. "well, techincally his grandfather is but, y'know".

"no it counts, joe's grandfather laid down the foundation, his dad shaped it, and joe revolutionized it" trinity said.

"nice to know" I said.

"do you want a plate of food? the food is all ready" trinity asked me.

"yeah i'll go up and get one" I said.

looking around for the food table, I ended up seeing joe by the grill. he had on a white tank top and grey shorts. his man bun was in a messy bun and he was manning the grill. not gonna lie, I was staring him down pretty good. but I came back to focus and got my food.

"so you just gonna stare me down and not say hi" a voice said.

I turned around and it was joe, who had a smirk on his face.

"hi joe" I said back.

"how long have you been here?" he wondered.

"for like a couple minutes... you have a nice house" I told him.