XIX.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

if you would've asked me a few months ago if I would miss joe anoa'i, I would've laughed in your face. not only because I just gotten hired, but the fact that he was an overall asshat.

but now it's been a week since joe got incarcerated, and I miss him like crazy. the court dates are slowly looming and i'm getting more anxious the more I think about all the bad that could happen.

although, I did say I was gonna be nancy drew and solve this case which is what i'm gonna do. I didn't know at first where to officially start besides japan. all japan was gonna do was confirm what we already know, but I needed more information.

currently, I was on my lunch break with the twins and trinity. anoa'i incorporated has been pretty lax ever since joe's arrest. the employees have been either shocked or livid at what's happened the past two weeks. but our main objective at this point was to get joe out of jail.

"I have a question to ask..." I started to say.

"do any of y'all still keep in touch with celine?".

celine was the old secretary before me and according to whatever natasha told me, she quit because of alana being real disrespectful towards her and joe not doing anything about it. she supposedly was working for joe the moment he became CEO. so I have a good feeling that she knows about alipate and the counterfeit.

"celine? damn... even though it wasn't too long ago, it feels like ages ago" joshua said.

"I haven't spoken to her since she left. the way she went out was messy".

"it's all alana's fault" trinity added. "like everything else".

"well do any of you have her number or any type of contact with her?" I asked.

"why do you want her so bad? you don't even know who she is" jonathan wondered.

"because I need to ask her some questions" I said. "it's gonna be crucial to get your cousin out of jail".

"I think I still have her number, celine and I were cool when she was here" trinity said. "i'll check".

"you think she gonna give you information though?" joshua asked.

"if I ask the right way" I said.

"I still have her number" trinity said.

"thank you trinity!" I exclaimed.

"i'll come with you if you want, so she'll actually let you in her house to ask serious questions" trinity added.

"of course, I was gonna ask that anyways" I told her.

"you gonna be a detective too now trin?" jonathan said.

"i'm going for the tea" trinity said.

"we're going after 5, so i'll meet you up front when we get off and we'll take my car" I said.

"gotcha" she said back.

"you really deadass about this huh anastasia..." jonathan said.

"hell yeah" I said. "i'm getting him outta there, and ain't nobody gonna stop me".

after 5PM

we were in my car about to head off to celine's house. once trinity put in her address we were heading off.

part of me was a bit nervous. mostly because I was scared that she wasn't gonna give us the right answers, or even give us the wrong answers. what if she's still cool with alipate and she tells him what we doing? what if she believes that joe did something because of her anger towards him?