Introduction

South Memphis , Tennessee
11:45 PM
2 Years Ago

" We don't have shit ! What the fuck else do you expect me to do !"  A 17 year old Nasir Simmons yelled out at her mother as they both stood in the middle of their damn near empty living room

" We don't have shit ! What the fuck else do you expect me to do !" A 17 year old Nasir Simmons yelled out at her mother as they both stood in the middle of their damn near empty living room.

" I didn't bring you here so you could fail Nasir !" Tonya yelled back at her hard headed daughter.

" What you mean you didn't bring me here to fail ? We already are failing ! Nothing is going to change." Nasir yelled out pushing her hair back behind her ear.

" We ran from him ! You said you'd figure some shit out...and you never did." She continued on...bringing up the old memories of her and her mother leaving Arizona and running to Memphis.

" Don't say that shit ! I'm trying Nasir fuck ! " Tonya yelled back at her , finally getting frustrated and even more upset with her daughter.

" Trying to do what ! We've been getting eviction notices for the past year in a half . And I've been the one making it happen ! " Nasir shouted out for the last time , this time around she couldn't control her emotions any longer.

Feeling the tears wielding up her eyes , she busted out in tears. To only be 17 years , she had a full plate in front of her.

Struggling with keeping up with school , keeping up with her mom , and keeping up with the bills.

Since the age of 8 , her and her mother had been out alone. Leaving her abusive father in Arizona where he could be furthest from them.

Packing up her and her daughters things , Tonya really had no ideal of where she was going. All she knew what that she needed to save her child and herself before things got out of hand.

" I'm trying...I've been looking for jobs. I'm going to fix it Nassi." Her mom cried out , as she sighed and plopped back down onto the couch.

Slowly running her hands down her face , she shook her head just starring down at her toes.

" I'm not super women Nasir." Tonya spoke up sighing as Nasir just stood up across from her with her arms folded over her chest.

" You couldn't even be half the women she was." Nasir growled out in the rudest tone possible , making Tonya gasp.

" I'm outta here." Nasir smacked her lips and snatched up her house keys and jacket running straight out the front door.

Tonya didn't even think to run after here , it wasn't nothing new. Nasir couldn't find herself in her own home , so she found herself in the streets.

Not in the ways you would think either , she wasn't being fast. Wasn't up in every nigga's face...she was chasing after whatever was gone get her paid.