THREE.

Nasir Simmons
Same Day ; 1:47 PM
Posh Essence Beauty Bar

" What chu think ? What chu feeling. I know Kita said you gone be out in Miami." My hairstylist Cierra said , making me chew down onto my bottom lip.

" Ion' even know girl. I didn't get a chance to think about it." I said shrugging my shoulders trying to think of how I wanted my hair.

" Girl gone head and kill em with middle with your marcel curls. You can straighten it later." Kita spoke up sitting in one of the chairs across from the one I was in.

" That's always looked good on you." She added in and I nodded.

" True , we just gone go with that. Now gone head and slay this lace Cierra." I laughed and so did she.

" I know you happy to be home. " Kita said looking up from her phone in her hands sitting it back down in her lap.

" I am , being in jail ain't no joke. Shit will change you for real." I nodded , as Cierra started to braid me up.

" You lucky you got them boys looking after you , I would have came home and never looked this good." Kita said making me laugh and smile a little.

She was right , without the boys I'd probably still be in jail or at least stuck there. The past two in a half almost three years that I've known them that's all they ever did for me.

They took care of me , and it wasn't even always money wise. It was the fact that , they made me feel like I had a place somewhere where I always thought I didn't.

" Them my boys ! They always come through for me , so I gotta do the same." I nodded and crossed my legs over one another.

" Dakota know I was coming home today ? " I asked her , and she looked up from her phone shaking her head.

" Nah I wanted to surprise her , she been asking about you like crazy. She left out the mini field , to run over there and ask Key where you was at." Kita said and shook her head.

My senior year my mom went missing , like just a couple weeks into school. The main reason we could never pay for shit was because she was strung out on drugs.

Cocaine to be exact...that's why there was never any money. That's why she could never get a job...that's why we were poor. So I was always left to pick up the slack.

It was a Friday , I had just got home from hanging out with Key and em'. She usually be sitting up on the couch when I get in but she wasn't even there.

I just thought maybe she had left out to the store or something. Didn't think much of it , so I took a shower and went to bed.

Woke up in the morning she still wasn't there. I got to calling her phone , she was just declining my calls. Back to back.

So I started texting her , she was reading the messages. Within an hour or so she had blocked my number.

And ever since that day I haven't seen or heard from her. Word around the projects was , she had got in the car with this man...she had a bunch of suitcases and they just left.