Part 18

🏡Your House🏡

You: (putting Chris in your bed)

Y/m: is he asleep?

You: (clear your throat) um..no

Y/m: (walks in and sit by you)

You: (patting Chris's back)

Y/m: (looking at you) Baby. I wish you would talk to him. I don't want to see you like you was the last time yall broke up.

You: Even with him I'm hurting myself mom.I just don't want to find myself getting upset and doing things I'll regret later on.

Y/m: I understand.(gets your cup from your bed) but did it ever cross your mind that he was telling the truth?

You: Mom you don't understand Chres. He's been a compulsive liar these past few weeks.

Y/m: so this is it?i really think yall should try therapy.

You: do you want me to have to deal with him all over again mom?

Y/m: I'm not saying that. Just look at me and you y/n. Do you want Christopher to grow up without a father.

You: You're trying to tell me what to do but you did the same thing I am doing. mom why didn't you chase after dad? Why didn't you and dad try therapy? Then maybe I would have never grew up being bullied. If I could have had a father figure in my life I wouldn't have fallen for a man like Chres.

Y/m: y/n..(looking at you) I guess since you're old enough. It's time you know the truth.

You: my dad did the same to you as Chres is doing to me mom you already told me.

Y/m: you don't know how many times I walked in your room in the middle of the night. Catching him with his hands on you,

You: (shaking your head) mom please d..

Y/m: no y/n. You think Chres is a bad man. He's nothing compared to your dad. I would withstand beatings just to protect you each and every night y/n.

You: (looking at Chris)

Y/m: I'm sorry I didn't chase after him..(walks out shutting the door)

You: (look at the door)

⛅️Next Morning⛅️

You: (put your mom's food in the microwave then leave)

🏫Work🏫

You: (walk in the classroom)

Kids: (get quiet)

You: (take of your coat) Goodmorning..um first things first...Announcements. I will be the soccer coach this year and Practice starts tomorrow after school, so if you want to join the team come on out.

Everyone: (looking at you)

You: (breathe out and turn to the board writing)

🍛Lunch Break🍛

You: (eating at your desk)

Nicki: knock knock.

You: (stand up) Nicki. What are you doing here?

Nicki: Checking on you. I heard Ray on the phone with Ya man this morning.

You: yeah?

Nicki: (nods) are you okay?

You: Yeah.

Nicki: Why don't we go out tonight. Just me and you.

You: I can't. I don't even want to look at Chresanto 's face so I don't have anyone to watch Chris.

Nicki: your mom?

You: we had a little altercation last night.

Nicki: girl that's your mom. You're suppose too.(laughs)

Madison: (walks in)

You: (look at her)

Madison: Hey

Nicki: Hey Madison..(looks at you)

You: Thanks for stopping by Nicki. I'll give you a call.

Nicki: (leaves)

Madison: (sits at your desk) How was your meeting?

You: meeting?

Madison: Dad told me you had to leave really early for a meeting.

You: He did?

Madison: (nods)

You: it was good Madison. The meeting was good.

Madison: Can I please wait with you. I don't care if you stay here all day.

Your POV: Chres had an entire story made up in his little head.

Your: (laugh a little) Ma..

EJ: Wow your classroom is just hidden. Good thing I ran into Nicki.(looks at you)

Madison: (looks at you with a puppy face)

EJ: Chresanto is in the car too.

You: (look at him)

EJ: I thought you wanted to say..

You: Tell Chres I'll call him later..(hugs madison) See you later.

Madison: See you.(walks out the room)

EJ: (looking at you)

You: (start erasing the board)

EJ: (leaves)