Chapter 16

Lisa's PoV

It's the day. This will decide whether we'll go to the final four. Everyone went straightly to the place where the match is going to be held since it's starting at 12:30. We have to have energy. Bambam's, Ten's girlfriends, Irene and Chaeyoung entered the dug-out. I looked for Jennie but she was not with them.

"She's coming. Don't worry," Irene assured me as she hugged me good luck

The hug that I wanted was not hers but it lessened the void that I was feeling. I decided to text Jennie.

To: Jennie Ruby Jane Kim-Manoban

Where are you? We're starting in a few.

"Cheer up, Manoban! You have to bring your A-game!" Jisoo said and she smacked my head

"Tigers! It's time!" Coach called us

The girlfriends wished their partners with kisses and I just smiled at them. Where the hell is Jennie? She should be here, assuring me that we're going to win but she's not.

"Hey, I know it's not the time for this but you have to see it," One of my teammates said when I was just the one in the dug-out

He showed me his phone and there I saw where Jennie was. Kai tweeted something. It was a picture of him and Jennie. Jennie was pointing at him as she was tucked under his arm. The caption read: You got someplace you need to be but you're here with me. Thanks. *heart emoji*

My heart hurt like it was stabbed by millions of needles. Fuck. So, that's the reason why she's not here? I nodded at my teammate. He tried to comfort me but I told him I'm fine and he went out. So, she ditched the game because of his so-called friend, huh? Here I was thinking that maybe there's something going on between us. I hate this feeling! I clutched on my chest as I felt that it's hurting. This is not the time for this love bullshit!

"Manoban, you coming?" Coach asked

"Be right there, Coach," I told him

I wiped my glassy eyes. Then I went out of the dug-out. I was welcomed by the cheers of most of the girls. I put on my bandana and I realized that during the process, my shirt kind of lifted and they cheered. That doesn't bother me. All I can think about is to score as many points as possible. Show Jennie that I can win whether she's with that Kai or not.

"Are you okay?" Bambam asked

"Just pass me a ball," I told him and he did

I did my warm-up. I forgot that I had to do stretching since the time that has been given to us was not that much. I just focused on my shooting. I looked at the cheerleading team's side and Irene looked at me and she shook her head. Why do I keep on looking for someone who isn't even here?

We got ready. I set aside my problems as I know that this is a crucial game for both teams. We are against the Black Panthers. It's been great with them. They have the record of 3 wins, 1 loss. While we have won 4 times.

"Keep your head in the game, alright?" Seulgi reminded me and I nodded

We entered the court and the game started. Everyone was wild. Both teams want this. When the game started, I have focused myself and I scored 18 points after the first quarter.

"OH! OH! OH!" Ten said as he fanned me as if I was burning

"Someone's on fire today!" Ten shouted

Jisoo smacked his head. A lot of people heard him and they were laughing. The score says 32 - 26. We're leading.

"Keep your feet on the ground, Ten," I told him when the second quarter started

I didn't bother looking at the cheerleading team and just disappoint myself. I will win this. I don't care if she spends the whole day with that Kai. Or do I?