Damian Wayne

No no no no no.

That was the only thing running through her mind as she escaped her wedding. In the league of assassins people were married off regularly. And it was supposed to be her turn.

It was only a month after she had graduated from a public high school, which the league surprisingly let her go to. She had even applied to colleges. She got into Harvard.

Harvard.

But now she was being married off to one of the fellow league children as she called them. They were both children of the best fighters in the league and were to be married for a higher chance of a new fighter to be bred.

Bred.

She fucking hated that word. No human should be bred. No being should be bred. It insinuates that we want two people to fuck just so they can pop out a genetically engineered kid. She didn't even want kids.

That is why she was currently crawling out of a bathroom window in a wedding dress.

She had managed to seclude herself in the most remote bathroom in the league. Claiming that she "needed a minute to prepare" before walking down the isle.

The guards didn't buy that. So then she pulled out her wedding garter that was not on her thigh yet and they let her go. That's why she loved having male guards.

They never questioned anything to do with a woman's body.

The window was extremely small compared to the big open ones throughout the league. But she didn't care. She just had to get out.

She opened the window as far as it would go and felt the cold air hit her face. Gotham was always cold at night no matter what the season.

As she prepared to climb up on the toilet out of the window, she only left one thing behind.

The white garter she was supposed to let the groom take off with his teeth. She did not want to be anywhere near his grubby hands. And she thought that it was a good representation. I mean just because you're running from a wedding doesn't mean that you have no class, after all.

She lifted her giant dress up as she placed a heel up on the toilet. Then she placed the other. She braces herself on the wall with her hands and cursed her dress.

She also hated her stylist. She didn't get to have any say in what she wore. She was measured for a dress and then sent away to get some beauty sleep.

She then swung a leg over and out of the window. She used her right hand to help pull herself up so that she was straddling the windowsill.

She ducked her upper body outside and fell forward. Only her ankle was left in the window now.

The only thing she would thank her stylist for was straps on her heels.

She pushed herself up from the damp earth and started to sprint. She needed to get as far away from the league as fast as possible if she even wanted to make it into the heart of Gotham.

She had used to think that the outskirts of Gotham were serene, now they were her worst nightmare.

The docks were less than a mile away from the league for transportation purposes. So she needed to make it a mile at the most. Then she could hail a cab and pay him with the boulder of engagement ring that was given to her.

She hated it, too.

She started to trek through the forest that surrounded the league. She was terrified of the woods and the dark but she was running on pure adrenaline now.