i. | КРАСНАЯ КОМНАТА.

FILE n°888 | SUBJECT RED
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ loading

╭─────────╮
the red room academy
russia, unknown
╰─────────╯
september 13, 2002

A small speck of snow, fell through the winter sky of Russia. Yes, the newspapers that were being handed out in the small town a few thousands of miles away from here were right: snow was falling all over the large empire that was Russia. It was falling on every roof of every house of every village, on the treeless hills, and on the majestic forests falling softly upon the lake nearby, covering the thin layer of ice with a thick layer of powdery white. It covered the side walks and the park benches, the only imperfections sustained by the thick coat of frozen water were the foot prints of two lovers holding hands, or the angel shape created by a small child.

The small snow crystal continued its decent into the white covered wasteland and was blown towards the intimidating black building built in a Gothic style. The snowflake flipped and twirled mid-air as it finished it's decent on one of the narrow windows, falling softly among all the other snow specks that have been falling for a few months already. Light green eyes follow the end of the tiny speck of snow's journey behind the thick layer of glass that separated the green eyed girl from the outside world.

Natalia Alianovna Romanova brushed a strand of her deep red hair behind her ear as she turned her distant green eyes on another snowflake. Normally snow would be associated with joy and new changes and more fun. But what did she know of fun? For the seventeen year old girl, snow was associated with sadness, bleakness or death. Those were the only things she had ever experienced or brought upon someone.

Natalia was the best student of the Academy. She was credited with over two dozen of assassinations in the past year or so. She was the Black Widow. A statue made of marble that never failed. Not once has she failed a mission, not one.

That is, up until this day.

The Black Widow was graceful, ruthless and silent. She was detached and was forbidden of any human interactions. Love, a family, stability, that was child's play. Love was for children and she was no longer a child.

Yet, when James came into her life, all the defensive walls she had built around herself came tumbling down. They were young, they still were, and rules hadn't stopped them from being foolish and in love. He loved her and she loved him. He was the Winter Soldier and she was the Black Widow. The Soldier and the Assassin.

They got married on a day like this. White. The ground was covered in snow and they didn't have much time. It was her first mission and he was her handler.

She was injured.

Blood was pooling through her black stealth uniform that every girl in the Red Room wears during missions. It was a simple task. Infiltrate, spy, question, kill. Yet, she had gotten shot on the way back to their lift that was waiting for them.

James had angrily yelled at her, but that was his way of letting her know he was scared. Oh, how scared the Soldier was at the idea to loose the Assassin.

"Natal'ya, ne spi!" He yelled. Natalia, stay awake!

They had hidden for a few hours while he bandaged her wounds and the seventeen year old watched a he occasionally slapped her face to keep her from falling asleep. After all, they couldn't let anyone know that Natalia had been shot and that she had shown weakness. She was supposed to be made of marble, not glass. When they were both able to walk and right before they had to head back to the vehicle, James squeezed her hand and whispered: