Chapter Six: The Monsters Are Unleashed

Later, Old Man Wickles arrived at the old Coolsville mining town, and entered the empty and very spooky
yard, consisting of wrecked mining cars, and old diggers and drillers that haven't been used for quite some time. The main superstructure of the whole mine seemed to be the old buildings in the distance, the windows broken or cracked, as they sat there in desolation.

But, unbeknown to him, two walking bushes were following him a few feet away, alongside what could be a a rusty Ford F-150 with no driver at the wheel. A moment goes by, then the bushes stop, as Shaggy and Scooby appear inside them, the two of them with two cans tied together with a string.

"Scooby-Doo. Scoob!" Braedey called on one can to Scooby, as Braedey and Diana hide behind the old truck.

Scooby looks at the can oddly, then looked at Braedey with it like a pair of binoculars. "Rello?" He asked.

"Scooby-Doo. It's a tin can. Not binoculars." Braedey whispered to Scooby, who realised his mistake.

"Scooby-Doo, can you hear me?" Shaggy asked again.

"Rello, Rhaggy." Scooby replied to Shaggy.

"Wickles has led us into a terrifying ghost town!" Shaggy muttered over the can, with Scooby licking at his can.

"Rhost town?" Scooby asked.

"Yes, a ghost town!" Shaggy insisted.

"We should see what there is here, and maybe, the rest of the gang might show up as well." Braedey told the two, as he and Diana eye the old mining town.

Suddenly, Scooby screamed like a banshee into the can, and made Shaggy fall over with the bush, and both Braedey and Diana hide behind the truck, staying very quiet.

Old Man Wickles looked back, but he didn't see Shaggy, Scooby or the other two. "Darn bushes yowling at me again." Old Man Wickles groaned, and continued on his way.

A moment later, Shaggy, Scooby, Braedey and Diana head off to follow Old Man Wickles. As the four of them enter the building, they could see the old tracks leading down into the underground tunnels, pick-axes, old diesel generators, along with scrap metal lying around the cavernous room. But, Old Man Wickles was gone. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Like, where did Old Man Nutjob go?" Shaggy asked with worry

"Do you think he went through here, Scooby?" Diana asked the Great Dane.

"Ri don't know." Scooby replied, as he followed.

As the four friends passed by the old windows, they all did something odd; at window one, they were back to back. At window two, Scooby was in Shaggy's arms, with Diana in Braedey's. And by window three, something rather strange happened.

"Diana, you're feel kinda boney." Braedey said, looking behind him, and running his hand on a boney surface, hoping to find some of Diana's skin.

"Me? You're boney." Diana told Braedey.