(3) Save that Unicorn!

'How?! The unicorn just used a full heal just minutes before!'

Unicorns were one of the more difficult magical beasts to kill, mainly because of their light's purity, and their healing abilities. If you wanted to kill a unicorn you had to end it in one blow, or beat it to the verge of death at least three times. But healing wasn't their only ability, if you lowered your guard for even a second you'd most likely be dead, fried chicken style. At the very least, it should be able to hold for more than a few minutes. That was precisely why Reina took the time to change the Teleportation Circles.

'This changes things, I have to go to the unicorn right now. It's weaker than I thought.'

Frigidis ventis a lateribus aquilonis (Chilly winds of the North)

Et ego invocabo te (I call upon you)

Profani vero docendi ratione furorem (Teach the unholy ones nature's fury!)

Hiberno laetissima duratus amplexus (Freeze them in winter's embrace)

Missa in hieme (Winter's Lullaby)

The moment the last syllable rang aloud, gusts of freezing wind floated in abundance. All it needed now was a target. Reina turned toward the magic circle with a smile. However, a second later all traces of expression were wiped from her face. Her mana itself had become neutral. The frighteningly neutral mana floated to the circle, and scooped up the magician's mana. The mana despite interacting with Reina's mana still maintained the same characteristics. 

in Obfirmo (Lock On)

The targeting magic mixed with Winter's Lullaby, and the mana. It knew were to go. The wind gradually became transparent while racing at high speeds. The group wouldn't know what hit them. Of sense it for that matter. Winter's Lullaby made people drowsy, and made them slower. If the user's power was higher then it would directly freeze the victim to death over time. It was similar to slowly raising the temperature so the frog would be boiled alive. Victims of the spell wouldn't notice a thing, and it would prove hopefully fatal in the fight with the unicorn.

Reina fell to the ground with a thud.

'Are you kidding me? I only modified the chant a little, but only 8% of my mana pool is left.'

In truth, the verse 'Teach the unholy ones nature's wrath' didn't exist in the original spell. Reina put it in so the unicorn wouldn't be frozen alongside the would be killers. The original Winter's Lullaby took a sizable chunk of mana, but not that much. Lock on wasn't even worth mentioning. 

'Noah truly is scary.'

Noah was able to change chants willy nilly, and even omit it some times. He couldn't omit most chants of high ranking spells, but he was easily able to add several chants at a time. He had even made several high ranking magic based off of his understanding of the world.

'Well, I suppose all of our party members were monsters.'

The qualifier to be a chosen one was to have the most potential in a basic job class. (Even if you get more advanced jobs i.e. Dancer of the End, you still have the basic jobs as well) They were chosen from millions of people as the most talented. Even then, the chosen ones of that year were truly monstrous. They could even be compared to the chosen ones from the Grand Demonic's Sovereign's generation. If Reina didn't die, she would have seen the Sovereign that they fought get a title as well.

'Wait that's it! The god's only scan people with a basic job class! If I get them an advanced job class from the get go, they won't be chosen!'

Normally, it was impossible to start out with an advanced job class, but there was one thing that could allow people to enter it without a basic class- Sacred Tattoos. The ink, and the design were housed in an ancient relic that only Reina knew about. Furthermore, it opened in one year.

Reina was ten right now, so the others should be 2-3 years younger than her right now. Only Alan was older than her by a year. The minimum requirement to enter a basic job was to be at least 12 years old, or else the body couldn't handle the extra power. The years before that were spent on basic training. The only reason Reina wouldn't explode if she got a basic job was because of the advanced body cultivation technique she was barely able to use. None of the others had access to those types of techniques right currently, if only because it required extreme levels of control. She could make it before they got basic job classes!

A loud roar woke her up from her thoughts. Beasts were showing signs of being agitated, most likely realizing the unicorn was in peril. Now was the time to escape, if the unicorn couldn't win with the spell she cast then it didn't deserve to be a mythical creature. But the magical beasts would be more active after the failed attempt on the unicorn's life. She wasn't going to stick around only to be killed.

Indeed, the unicorn was currently winning. Its would be hunters were slowly becoming more slow and less alert. At first the unicorn was alarmed by the transparent fog it saw with its magi eyes, but it realized the fog was only effecting the infuriating humans. The unicorn silently thanked its savior within its heart, then pierced the human warrior's heart with a light beam. The others slightly hesitated when confronted with this reality, but that was the worst thing to do when facing a unicorn. Multiple light beams flew out. Only the mage was left, his protective shield barely blocking the light. It was on the verge of crumbling.

"Tell me human, why have you attacked me?"

"W-Will you l-let me live if I tell you?"

"No."

Even unicorns wouldn't spare someone who attempted to take their life.

"...I see, fine I'll te- Activate Teleportation Circle!"

Mana congregated around the magician filling in the circle at the bottom of his feet. 

"Hahahaaha! You stupid beast, you're not worthy enough to take my life!"

Light flashed, and the man teleported... a few meters away.

"W-What?? WHY! I set it to the tree!"

The unicorn crossed the distance in an instant.

"Do tell me, what did you call me moments ago?"

A few miles out from the forest, Reina smiled.

'I hope you enjoy being burned to death.'