Seven

*Disclaimer: This chapter may contain mature language and themes *

~MARE~

    That man is a creatin. A vile, silver-tongued thorn that has been jammed into my side. An everlasting reminder of the life I fell into. I hate him, I hate that I'm his prisoner. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.
    The sentinels throw me in to the bars of my cell. As my face collides, I felt my nose crack. The sudden impact makes me double over in pain. Hands clasped over my crocked nose. I scream obscenities that would make a nun blush. Mama didn't raise me to be foul mouthed, but it just hurts so bad.

"Watch your mouth, you filth!" A sharp hand slaps me across the face.

Damn

   Other guards come closer to me, circling me like the vultures that they are. The one that slapped me, grabs a fistful of my hair. He yanks me up, only to shove me back on the ground. This time he kneels over me, a metal clad knee digging in to my back.

"You will show respect" he barks.

A second guard stomps on one of my hands. I squeal in pain. Frustrated, hopeless tears threatening to escape my eyes. Another sentinel stoops down to my level, that evil grin daring me to try something.

"You're monsters! Evil fucking monsters!" I cried.

"Keep it up you rat and I'll break every bone in your body" he warns.

He drags his disgusting hand threw my hair. Petting me in a way that makes me nervous.

"In fact...", he looks to the others, "take her out back and show her".

Show her?

"Sh-show me what?" I whimper.

"How we treat unruly prisoners" he smiles.

    His words are vague. Barely enough for me to understand what he's saying. But by the sadistic look on his ugly face I can feel that this will be bad. Maybe even bad enough to kill me.
    I'd wanted to die since I was brought here. Feeling so alone, that I'd drown in my own tears. Hoping that one day someone would just put me out of my misery.  But... I never wanted to die like this.

"Please", I beg, "don't" .

He continues to pet me, "you're not going to die, Red, but you'll want to".

"What are you going to do to me?"

     Ugly-face doesn't bother answering me. He motions for the rest of the guards to move me. To take me out back. They snicker as they drag me outside in to the cold . I remember that it was light out when they drug me outside, but I can't remember anything else.

The last thing I can remember is a baton heading straight towards my face.

Crack!

    I felt my body fall lifeless to the ground. A loud ringing in my ears, almost like a siren. The siren drowns out their hideous laughter, wait! I can hear them. I can hear them, I can feel them. But, I cannot open my eyes or move. Why can't I move?

Am.... am I dead?