Unexpected Allies

Ch. 21

"Percy, how can you smile right now?" She asked softly.

"Why wouldn't I be smiling? I'm sitting on the beach with my best friend, who despite just trying to beat me to death, still manages to make me happier than anyone else I know." He answered seriously.

Zoe shook her head before she leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips before she leaned her forehead against his, "I don't want to lose you Percy. You're my best friend. I've never been closer to anyone else, not even Artemis or Phoebe."

Percy smiled, "You're not losing me Zoe. I'm not going anywhere right now and I know you'll be by my side through it all."

Zoe leaned up and kissed Percy again. Just as she was about to deepen the kiss, someone cleared their throat behind the two making them freeze.

Percy peeked around Zoe's frozen form and sighed with relief when he saw a wide-eyed Hestia looking at them through an Iris Message. Her expression quickly shifted from surprised to mischievous.

"Well, I am sorry to interrupt your little special moment you two." Hestia said as she fanned herself with her hand teasingly and her lips quirked into a slight smirk.

Zoe rolled off Percy, her face bright red and her eyes looking anywhere but at the Iris Message.

Hestia smiled at Zoe's embarrassment, "Relax Zoe, I was already well aware of the special "friendship" you had with my champion, there is no need to feel embarrassed."

Zoe's eyes widened before they flashed with anger as she turned to Percy but before she could yell at him Hestia spoke again.

"Percy has never told a soul about it, so please do not be angry. It is simply my duty as his patron to watch over him even when he is not aware." Hestia explained hoping to save Percy from a slap.

Zoe relaxed a bit and returned to looking at the ground instead of at the maiden goddess who was watching her with amusement.

"What is it you need my lady?" Percy asked trying to change the subject off the awkward topic at hand.

Hestia nodded and looked at Percy seriously, "Typhon is free and the rest of my family has left to fight him with the exception of Poseidon who had to return to Atlantis after Oceanus launched an attack as soon as Typhon was loose."

Percy's eyes widened before they narrowed in determination, "I understand my lady; we will be in New York as soon as possible."

"The Titans are preparing to launch their attack. I'm afraid the city is in…. well I will let you see for yourself when you get here." Hestia said a little worriedly.

Percy looked at his patron curiously before nodding. He was about to swipe through the message when Hestia stopped him.

"Percy, I think you will need to send your brother and sister to find help. I know you planned to do it but we need you here too much." Hestia said seriously.

"Of course my lady, I will send them immediately." Percy answered.

Hestia smiled before swiping through the message.

Percy turned to Zoe, "I need you bring everyone to the Empire State building. I will meet you there."

Zoe looked at Percy curiously, "And where are you going?"

Percy smirked, "I'm going to get us some help. You don't honestly expect us to defend Olympus with less than one hundred demigods do you?"

Zoe's jaw dropped, "What do you mean? Who will be able to help us?"