Chapter 16

"I'll be with you in a sec

"I'll be with you in a sec. Hang in there for a little while, buddy."

Taehyung had let himself get taken into the building that had a strong scent of caffeine lingering in the air. He hugged himself, sniffling a little as he watched the guy who had got him out of that horrible situation he was in walk behind a tiny wall thingy. If he could remember correctly, this was a coffee shop/cafe- and the 'tiny wall thingy' was a counter. Looking around, Taehyung saw many eyes staring at him. It made him rather uncomfortable, causing him to gulp as he awkwardly turned around so he was facing the wall. Even when he turned around, he could still feel the stares practically burning through his back.

Eventually, noise was restored and Taehyung felt a little more comfortable as the stares drifted away gradually over time. He was still standing there on his own, waiting for that one guy. If Tae's memory was correct, the stranger who helped him had said he was only going to be a sec. And- Taehyung had counted over 100 seconds. If he hadn't been kidnapped and forced to act as a kid for God knows how many years- it would've been a lot more than that. But even 100 was a big, hard step for him. He kept wondering if Hoseok and Jimin would be proud to hear that he had counted over 49 without getting anything wrong-
"-uddy? You listening?" Snapping out of his thoughts, Taehyung saw a hand being waved in front of his face. He whimpered quietly which followed up with a small flinch, causing the guy in front of him to soften his gaze upon Taehyung. "C'mon, let's go sit over here and we'll talk- maybe I can help you." Taehyung did as he was told, following the stranger over to a small round table with two chairs- one on each of the opposite sides. He took a seat, copying the latter. Taehyung wasn't used to such- normal- seats. He was used to his special Micky mouse one which was only a little lower than a high chair like Kookie had!-

"My name's Jackson. Whats yours?" Jackson interrupted Taehyung's thoughts once again.
"T-taehyung..."
"Hmm...where you from 'Taehyung'?" Cupping his cheeks, Jackson leaned forwards into his hands, looking into Taehyung's poor doe eyes.
"U-uhm-... I-i-" Taehyung's eyes darted around before landing back on the guy seated in front of him.
"You don't know, do you?" Cocking an eyebrow, Jackson had a hint of worry in his eyes. How could Taehyung not know where he was from? His question was answered as he earned a soft shake of the head from the smaller boy. "Mind telling me how you got to where you were when i found you, then?"

Biting his lip, Taehyung shifted in his seat a little. He wasn't used to the outside world, nor the people in it.
"'m-m ran 'way from daddies..." Tears were already welling up in Taehyung's eyes as he looked down, fiddling with the paws of his sweater. Jackson's eyes widened as he leaned forwards a little more.
"Sorry, what? You ran away from your- daddies?" He earned a gently, subtle nod from Taehyung. "Continue, i guess..."
"T-taetae shouldn't 'ave left... Now m never gonna see daddies or uncles 'gain!" Pouting, Taehyung sniffled weakly. "A-an m promised Yo-"
"Tell me more about your daddies, Tae." Jackson was beyond curious. Had this boy in front of him escaped kidnappers whilst he had Stockholm syndrome or something?

"O-otay..." Taehyung fiddled with his fingers and sleeves, kicking his feet a little. "I-ive been living with 'm 'addies for long time... They t-took TaeTae long time 'go an TaeTae started to 'ike it there at first.. Even 'ave ickle brother named Kookie, w-who m 'ave to protect from a-appa!"
"You do, huh?" Jackson was more than certain that this boy in front of him had somehow 'ran away' from his kidnappers- who he referred to as his 'daddies'. "Is there anyone else other than Kookie, Tae?"
"M-mhm!" Taehyung's eyes lit up at the thought of Yoongi. "M-m uncle's got new baby not long 'go! His name Yoonie a-an' m promised to save him an' bring him with m' but got lost..."
"Yoonie...?" Biting his lip, Jackson leaned back in his chair. "What's his full name, hon?"
"I-ion know... M-min Yoongi!" Taehyung mentally praised himself for remembering Yoongi's full name.

Meanwhile, Jackson was in utter shock.

No wonder a certain tiny, pale skinned boy had stopped coming to work and hanging out with him after his shifts.

He had been kidnapped.

And Jackson was prepared to do anything to help get him back- along with saving Taehyung and 'kookie'.