Chapter 38

Taehyung was tired

Taehyung was tired. He and Jackson had just got out of another session with Heechul and it drained him in some way.

Yawning, Taehyung let out a small groan as he sat down in the passenger seat of his boyfriends car. They were about to head to the latter's working place as he had afternoon hours that day. Jackson got into the drivers side, plugging the keys into the car, turning them to turn on the engine. Just as he was about to begin the drive to the coffee shop, a small ding came from his phone that was in his pocket. Huffing a little, he reached down to take his phone from his pocket, his eyebrows furrowed as his screen lit up and he read what was on it. His facial expression went from annoyed, to confused, to worried.
"What's wrong?" Speaking up as he saw the worried expression on the older's face, Taehyung leaned over to see what was on his phone. It appeared to be a message from am unknown number. "What does it say?"
"Tae, baby, its- it's from Kim Namjoon? He's asking if you'd like to see them all at the café? A-and that Hoseok isn't with them." Jackson bit his lip as he spoke. How had the other got his number? But then he remembered that Yoongi was with them. When he had met the said male at their work place Jackson had given him his number despite not knowing that the younger didn't even have a phone. But would Yoongi even remember? It was a good while ago.

"They... Want to meet up?" Voice turning quiet, Taehyung was suddenly no longer tired. "Y-yes please! I want to see them so bad, I need to know if they're okay."
"But- baby, what if it's a setup? What if it's Hoseok- or he's with them?" Worried tone in his voice, Jackson turned a little in his seat and so did Taehyung so they could face each other. "It could be dangerous."
"But we're going there anyway, right?.." Taehyung nervously fiddled with the fabric of the car seats, slightly scrunching up the tip of his nose. "I-if it's him we can leave straight away, please?"
"...Fine."

And that's how Taehyung and Jackson ended up waiting inside the coffee shop. Well, Jackson was keeping an eye out as he worked whilst Taehyung sat in the back room just in case it was Hoseok who had the intent to meet them. Jackson had messaged back agreeing to meet before they headed on their way there. Half and hour had already passed yet there was no sign of anyone at all that they were waiting for. That was until at exactly 3:07pm, the bell on the coffee shop door rang, three men entering- two of them giving another two males piggy banks. The ones carrying others went and sat down on one of the larger tables whilst the shortest one who wasn't carrying anyone went over to the ordering bar and called out,
"H-hi, is Jackson here?" Jackson heard and his eyes turned to the male at the bar who he recognised as Jimin from their previous encounter when Hoseok was there too. He walked over, trying to be as calm as possible as he pulled up a subtle soft smile onto his lips,
"That's me. Mr. Park?" The latter nodded, his eyes roaming around the place as if he was looking for someone. "Ah, Tae's in the back. My shifts about to end so I'll escort you back there when it is. Would you like anything to drink in the meantime?"
"No thank you.."

Another thirty minutes past and Jackson eventually took off his barista apron and headed over to the table where the five of them were sat so he could take them round the back after he warned Taehyung that they were about to come. He was about to speak when all of their eyes turned to look at him, but he just looked at Yoongi. The latter looked so healthy compared to when he last saw him. His cheeks had became fuller and his skin gained a little more colour.

Teary eyes looking up at his friend, Yoongi used as much strength in his arms and hands as he could to push himself up to sit up a bit straighter. He moved his lips, speaking out with a hoarse voice,
"H-hi Jack." The said male sucked in a deep breath, immediately kneeling down in front of the chair that the latter was on so he could quickly yet carefully pull him into an embrace. Jackson wanted to cry, and he almost was. It had been so long since he had seen Yoongi and he was just so glad he looked as if he was doing better to what he was before, even if the circumstances of how weren't amazing.
"Oh my god, you're okay.." Leaning back from the hug after a few seconds, Jackson inspected the younger's face, a hand reaching up to wipe his tears away.
"Yeah, I'm okay." A small smile made its way upon Yoongi's lips. Seeing his friend felt so good- even though he hadn't really had much time to think about him for a while, Yoongi had genuinely really missed the latter. How could he not? Jackson had been the only true friend in his life that he ever had so far.

After another minute or two, Jackson stood up with a deep breath, turning to the others,
"Taehyung's waiting in the back, lets go there."