Little Descendants (12)

Gil is running around the ship like a chicken who lost its head as the shadow is chasing him around, amusing his boredom as he's waiting for Ophelia to arrive.

"Hey shadow man, thing, I thought magic wasn't allowed on the isle. So how are you here?" Uma asks him, curious to know the answer.

"Would you count voodoo as magic?" He asks her back answering her question.

"But it's technically magic isn't it?"

"No, what I am is a sort of spirit. It's a loop hole of some sort," he says, as he stops chasing Gil around.

"I was called upon by voodoo but I am a shadow creature so I was able to enter the barrier with my master."

"Cool," is all Uma says and sits down on the stairs, waiting for the signal the shadow creature is supposed to give. A little curious at how everything is going to go down.
~~~~
Mal and the crew head to their hideout when the sun starts sinking behind the horizon, and soon to be well under the ocean.
Mal and Jay were talking while walking to the hideout and suddenly her stomach rumbles.

"You hungry?" Jay asks her, more out of concern than curiosity.

"No, I'm fine," she says smiling, until another growl leaves her stomach.

Jay laughs at her and disappears into the shadows. Then voila, he reappeared in no time with some soup in a bowl.

'Probably stole it from my favourite soup stand,' Mal thinks in her head as she looks at the bowl again, while yet another growl escapes her stomach and she take it and starts to slurp it down.

Mal turns to Jay and smiles warmly at him with appreciation. He smiles back feeling just a little bit of hope.
~~~~
As it gets darker, Uma grows impatient and she can barely see the shadow man anymore.

"Ah, Ophelia, did you bring it?" The shadow man asks, but Uma couldn't see anyone, until a familiar body shape appeared around the corner.

"Yes," she says annoyed, as she pulls on a string around her neck until a vial attached is seen.

"Good," the shadow man sinisterly whispers to himself.

Uma feels uncertain for a split second as the vial looks deadly and a lot like poison, but she pushes the thought aside.

She thinks of Harry, and how he betrayed her. She thinks of Mal calling her shrimpy, and stealing the love of her life. She thinks of Jay, Evie and Carlos laughing at her.

She starts transforming without even knowing just by thinking about those memories. The shadow man smiles. Ophelia takes a few steps back, frightened and amazed at how this is possible.

'Maybe the barrier is losing its magic?' Ophelia asks herself smirking.