Thirteen

It's been three days since I last heard from Luke or Ethan and it bothered me.
I wasn't bothered about Ethan not calling but Luke not calling feels weird.
I didn't want to call either cos I have to uphold my pride so I got up from bed and decided to treat myself to some beautiful scenes today instead of just sitting around waiting for prince charming who is not actually charming, to call.
I got dressed and ready for every drama the day holds cos at this point in my life, I doubt there will be a day without drama, it's not like I know, it's plainly instincts.
Checking out my favorite film house in the city online, I checked the movies that were playing and booked a ticket for the one that seems romantic and saddening at the same time.
The day is just like every other day where you're either in a hurry or you are very tired and walking slow, there's no in between, this is the city, you either make your money by acting smart or play dumb to make it. Sure there are other ways but who cares, lets stick to the plan.
I boarded a taxi and gave him the address of the place I'm going to, hoping I'll get there before the movie starts cos I booked the ticket already.
Lucky for me there was no traffic but deep in my mind, in the pit of my stomach, I had a feeling that everything was easy and I'm here now cos a drama is about to happen but I brushed it off, the only drama happening here is the one in the movie.
Getting to the lobby of the film house if that's what its called, I made a quick stop to get a popcorn and an energy drink, my go to drink when the movie is over an hour long, cos looking up at the big screen is one hell of an exercise and I'll be needing a lot of energy for it.
After picking up the popcorn and energy drink, I checked in and settled on a seat, actually its more like MY SEAT cos this is literally where I sit every time I come to the cinema. I've never really had a boyfriend, I've been single for like forever and Luke being the first guy I let into my life is fucking things up even before they began so I always come to the cinema alone and the best seat for a single lady is the middle chair on the last row, that way, you can see everything going on in the cinema and entertain yourself. A lot of shit goes on in this place that even my ancestors don't know about like, do you know some girls give their boy friends BJs in here? Now you know, its a very gross sight to see but like I said, I always come here for more than the movie, I'm here for the entertainment, lol.
The movie started 5 minutes after I settled in my seat and first, the quality is so captivating, I doubt if I'll be needing any more entertainment than this. I shifted in my seat to find a good position, then I picked up my popcorn and munch away on it.
Shit, the movie has not even lasted 30 minutes and a couple in the corner to my right already had some hot make out session going on, that zone must be really steamy and deadly, that should be the new Area 51. if you get my joke, its a no go area. Well, its none of my concern. I grabbed a handful of popcorn and munched loudly causing some eyes to fall on me but then I wasn't going to let them win, so I gave them my best " what are you gonna do about it" look and they all looked away.
So here's my favorite part, the climax of the movie, where all the shit goes down like boom, the company gets hijacked, girlfriend or boyfriend gets snatched, something goes missing, husbands starts going MIA on wife, boyfriend calls temporary dibs on girlfriend, etcetera, well here we are but as much as I'd love to concentrate, the couple on my right are going at it real hard and its very hard to concentrate and its not just me, almost everyone around is staring at them, they should be evicted from this room, and transferred to a secret room where they can drop every load on their privates and come back.
It was very hard concentrating on the movie with undivided attention but I got through it and here we are, THE END, my favorite part of the movie. the credits started rolling and the big light came on, screaming, LEAVE OH YE PEOPLE, YOUR TIME IS UP, so I grabbed my half drunk energy drink and made my way out of the cinema but not so fast little Harper, my eyes caught something, someone, precisely, the person that has been in my thoughts for 3 straight days, smiling like they had no problem, like they don't have someone somewhere waiting for their calls, wow, he has the balls, and I'm gonna crush em , NOW, but again not so fast little harper, the girl who had been kissing her boyfriend all through the movie stood up and her boyfriend was not there anymore but it doesn't end there, she got up from her seat, adjusted her high waisted trousers which somehow were zipped down and pulled down to her lower waist then she turned to leave and hurried to hold Luke's hands, the guy she had been kissing. Now the shocking part is, she finally turned to the light and my heart drowned, Sophia's beautiful features glowed under the fluorescents above us and she had on her princess charming smile. Sometimes I doubt it if I'm straight cos she has that effect on me but not today. I adjusted my off the shoulders crop top and made a note to confront Luke as soon as we were out in the lobby.
I got to the lobby and ran after Luke, calling out his name as loud as I can and ignoring my lady ego.
"Luke" I called out and he looked back.
"Harper?" He said after stopping which Sophia also did.
She had on this smirk and all I could think of was wiping it off her face.
"Luke, you didn't call, you didn't text either, you got me really worried"
"Worried? Why would you be worried about me?"
"Luke?" I asked in confusion after observing his expression. It was like he was disgusted by me
"Harper, you have to stop being delirious. I only told you that I love you, I didn't ask you to be my girlfriend or be worried about me and breaking up with a Sophia was a mistake I should never have made. I thought she had something going on with Ethan but she said Ethan actually tried to force her and she tried to tell but I didn't give her a chance. I shouldn't be telling you this cos you mean nothing to me, you clearly stated your rules, FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS and that's what we used to be until 3 days ago"
"Does that mean, you are breaking up with me?"
"There's nothing to break but if you take ending a benefits relationship as breaking up, then fine, Lets end this"

I couldn't believe my ears , I needed someone to tap me and tell me it's only a dream and Luke is still mine but it is real.
I bursted into tears and said my final words with hopes that I'll get him back
"Luke, I don't know what's going on with you but I just hope you see Sophia for who she really is before its too late. It was a very big mistake, falling in love with you but I don't regret any part of it, I don't regret loving you Luke (I paused and stifled a sob before finishing my statement) but if this is what you want, then its fine" I said and turned to leave without looking back at Luke or Sophia who didn't utter a word through out my convo with Luke, I guess she wanted him to handle it by himself which he did and did well.
I walked to the exit door of the film house like a zombie and boarded a cab that took me straight home. Without looking back, I went straight to my apartment and grabbed a drink. someone's getting drunk, I thought in my mind as streak after streak, tears streamed down my face and ruined my beautifully made up face but who cares, no one has ever told me I'm pretty, am I really not pretty? Back in high school, everyone gets to date a guy, even the nerds in school got a shot and there's this one nerd that dated Matt, the hot quarterback of the football team back in high school. Even I who wasn't a nerd didn't get any guy, My best friend back in high school, Lola, who had a very small stature with a funny looking face had a boyfriend as well, of course she was the only one willing to stick around me as every other person in school was either dating a hot guy, driving the latest car, or whatever, just every one back in my high school was doing something cool and because I couldn't fit in, high school was boring. College was worse, Sophia was the best 'best friend' kind of friend but now That I look at it, she ruined all the chances I had at getting a boyfriend and now, she's taken away the very first guy that I've fallen in love with my whole life.
I took a swig from the bottle of beer I had in my hand. I happened to stock up on beer and drinks yesterday which has a great use now.
I meditated on my whole like on 3 bottles of beer, how miserable I was, how unhappy I am and how my life is a complete mess and right now, it's in more mess than its has ever been.
The 3rd bottle of beer slipped from my hand and landed on the tiled floor with an annoying noise but I was too drunk to care. I passed out shortly after on the tiled floor like I had no problems and zero worries

Authors's note

Me: Do y'all think Luke is serious ,like does he mean everything he said??
How could someone change overnight.
Luke: you talk too my much, shut up and move on to the next chapter if you don't want to be my next conquest
Ethan: will I finally get the spotlight?
Me: you wish
Harper: go easy on me and don't make me so miserable, make me go to the club or somewhere with hot guys with chiseled abs and nice pair of teeth, oh, and beards.
Me: Get your friends to read and I'll find you a play thing, love you ❤ 😘