"To Fight Just A Little, To Bring Back The Fire In Her Eyes"

"Evelyn"

On my way to Victoria's house I felt extremely nervous. I feared she may be hurt but on the other hand I kept thinking what will I say to her if she's not.

Her house was located in a seemingly nice neighborhood, one you could see in pretty much every town. Places like this were usually associated with average middle class families.

Good, I thought. At least I didn't have to worry about her living conditions and problems at home. School problems were a completly different story.

Finally the bus I was on came to a stop. I exited and quickly looked at my phone to check how far I was from her house. A 10 minute walk and I could use a local park as a shortcut. Not half bad, I thought.

If I wasn't worried and in a hurry I'd definitely appreciate the beauty of this park. You could feel that Washington forest vibe. It was beautiful but I had no time to waste. It was getting late and sun was about to set. I didn't really feel like wandering around a deserted park when it's dark so I picked up the pace.

"Tori"

Her beautiful face was all I could think about in that moment. Memories from the classroom were continously flashing in my head and I was thankful. Thankful for her. Thankful that she stormed into that room, looked into my eyes and smiled like she knew me. Like I was an old friend she haven't seen in a while. My reaction might have been a little pathetic but it really meant the world to me. I'd probably blush at these memories but alcohol was there to help and I cared no more.

I felt peaceful. With a bottle in my hand and an image of her in my mind it was as if she was there. As if she hugged me tightly and told me everything is going to be okay...And I believed her.

I was drunk, seriously drunk. I probably shouldn't have but I decided to leave the park. It was getting late and I could already feel that sneaking into the house might be a little difficult.

I began my walk, or should I say journey, to one of the paths. I kept stumbling into the trees but it was fine considering I had troubles with making my legs move in an orderly manner.

The path was in front of me, just a few more steps ahead. But I tripped. I fell to the ground with a loud thud combined with a sound of shuffled leaves and cracking of branches that were scattered on the ground. I grunted in pain and closed my eyes trying to push it away.

I was laying there weak, not able to get up nor willing to try. I was slowly drifting away. With alcohol in my system it was so easy to give in to that feeling. And so I did. I was done fighting, all I wanted was to get some rest. Forget. Sleep.

"Evelyn"

My mind was racing. I heard something strange coming from behind the trees, as if someone was there. Loud, obnoxious steps along with cracking sounds had me freaking out.

It's probably the part when I run, I thought.

But of course, I stayed still. Of course.

I was scared sick up to the moment when a yelp of pain ripped through the evening air. It was followed by a thud and I wasn't thinking anymore. I followed it. I slowly walked off the path and looked around anxiously.

"Oh my god" I mumbled under my breath when I finally saw the source of the terrifying sound. It was a small person laying in the leaves. I hurried to their side.

"Hey, are you okay? Do you need help?" I asked as I gently poked the person's back. A silent grunt was their response. Good, at least their alive, I thought.

I mustered all my strength in order to get the person on their back and rolled them.

"Hey, can you..." I stopped mid sentence in shock. I refused to accept what I'd seen as tears started to well up in my eyes. My voice trembled.

"V-Victoria...?!"

We're getting there🌟👑🌟
Time to push the story forward!
~WeAreOnTopOfTheWorld