Prologue+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song-------------}

"Seed" By Crystal Castles.

Prologue+

Ornias knew what they were planning for him. That damn cherubim was the leader of it all, thinking he could strip him of his power without a fight. He, with his silly little group of fools thought he would just allow this without a second thought but Ornias was never one to give up. So as Lilith did what she wanted with the little pest they were all coming for he made his own plans.

It didn’t take long to find her, someone to host some of his power until he could collect it again. She was an in between soul. Neither earth bound nor eternally routed. She was unbaptized, making her a blank soul as well, none committed to any religion or its protectors of humanity. Her soul, as it was, remained unclaimed.

He could see her human body in the room her soul was hanging around. Tubes of many kinds were sticking in and out of her as the steady beat of her heart echoed in the room. A coma, he realized with a slight smile. Her revival would cause much chaos, something Ornias never could pass up the opportunity to be the cause of.

She was the perfect choice.

Entering the room undetected he knew he would be left alone. No one claimed to be interested in the young woman, not even her family. Her soul was simply there, walking among the other lost souls of the unit as he reached into his chest to remove what he needed to from himself.

The look of his soul did not surprise him. Thick black tar sat in his hand with smoky black tendrils of his power swirling around it. It wasn’t all of it but it was enough to help him get back to the way he was before the cherubim would certainly have his way. Summoning the soul with a crooked finger it came to him not only out of curiosity but also from the power over the dead he had naturally.

He didn’t think twice before shoving the blackness of his soul into her chest making her let out a ghostly scream. Ornias watched as the darkness began to root itself into the cavern of her chest before he used his own tendrils of power to summon her back to her body. As her now tainted soul began begin sucked back into the broken body she had been out of too long he smirked in anticipation.

He would be seeing her as soon as he could but until then he’d enjoy knowing the chaos he was about to throw her into.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So it begins :}

Fun fact about this trilogy of books: I based them on the trinity. Mind, body and soul. Lila's power is in her blood, her body. Tallulah's power is in her mind, her visions and her ability to see what other can't. The main character's power will be in her soul, hence the title. I don't know I thought that was an intestesting fact.

Anyway, I'm super excited about this because lets face it, Paranormal stuff is always fun to right about especially when its from my twisted mind.

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}