Twelve+

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song-----------}

"Diseased" By Seether

Twelve +

His light swirls around me before I part my lips and inhale it deep down into my lungs. It fills me in a way I never thought possible and in this moment don’t care how it even is. The taste of his light is almost bitter but I find that I like it, the way it rolls on my tongue before it seeps into me, making me feel amazing.

I have never felt so healthy, new and vibrant as I take the light’s power from Adam.

If anyone was to come across us we would look like a couple at the moment. His body pushed against the nearest wall, my hands on either side of his head and my lips close to his. We probably look like some loved up couple when in truth all I want is take all his light and leave his husk of a body behind.

His light is getting darker and darker but I don’t stop. I can’t stop. I’m about to inhale deeply again but something grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me back. My body slams into a wall before a pair of bright green eyes come into sight, as well as sharp teeth bared in warning. I recognize this as Orin but that doesn’t stop me from baring my own teeth at him at his threat.

“Get out of my way.” I bark at him.

“No.”

“I wasn’t finished yet!”

“I really don’t give a shit, Maggie.” Orin drawls. “You’re not going near him.”

Narrowing my eyes I feel the heat rise up my body but this is coupled with a new sensation. A cold trickle moves down my arms and when I put my hands out in the space between Orin and I splay my finger out. Black tentacles come out of my palms and wrap around Orin making him immobile. Moving my hand in a sweeping motion his bundled body moves across the room and slams into a corner out of my way.

I notice Gideon on his knees in front of Adam with his back to me. I don’t realize that I’m actually floating above the ground with the toes of my bare feet dragging along the dirty stone below. Well not until I stop just behind Gideon and feet the heels of my feet cool on the ground. Gideon turns around quickly, his hand ready to strike but I catch it in my grip without hesitation.

Tilting my head I know my eyes are still black as I look him over. “Would you really hit a girl, Gideon?”

“I would when she’s being a demonic bitch.” He grits out as I squeeze his wrist painfully.

The pain is intoxicating. His light is a dark purple, thick with power and teeming with energy. I find myself tempted to feed off his light but I don’t. I want Adam’s corpse at my feet and a small voice at the back of brain says he’s my friend. So instead I use my free hand to wrap him up like Orin and then with one finger push him over so he’s also out of the way.

“No!” He yells at me as I step over him. “He’ll die. He’ll die and that will be on your head for the rest of your life.”

I stop and listen for the small voice. Nothing.

“It seems that I don’t care about that.” I tell him before turning to the weak, ashen looking Adam slumped on the floor. Lifting my hand Adam’s body moves with the motion to be suspended against the wall.

“Maggie think of Wyatt.” Gideon yells. “Do you really think he’d want you to do this? Do you think he would approve?”

Frowning I turn to Gideon. “Why would that matter?”