Thirteen+

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song---------}

"Affection" By Crystal Castles

Thirteen+

Lorna can feel the tension rolling off of Aleksandr the entire way to the studio. She doesn’t blame him for it or even the coldness he is now showing her. She knew, in a way, that this would happen eventually. She doesn’t know how long she would have kept her true nature from him but she never expected it to be announced like this. She also knows he didn’t expect it either.

Using his key Aleksandr opens the door to the studio in silence, his eyes carefully never meeting hers. She tries to ignore the hurt she feels every time he does this. Moving past him she enters the place that Aleksandr has created his greatest works to date, ones that have often been inspired by her.

“Alek, I—“

“I don’t want to hear any explanations right now. I just want to know if she’ll be okay.” He tells her gruffly.

Lorna swallows thickly and shakes her head. “I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?” He snaps. “How do you not know? You’re supposed to be a fucking angel right? A creature of divine knowledge so how do you not know what will happen to my niece?”

She shuts her eyes at the force of his words. She knows how much he loves Maggie. He sees a great deal of himself in her and as much as that scares him it also makes his affection for the young woman stronger than any other. Lorna knows this and as much as she wants to tell him everything he wants to know she can’t because in truth she really has no idea.

Not anymore.

“I believe that Wyatt will do everything he can to help her. That’s all the guarantee we can have in this situation, Alek. Its up to her how much she fights it or succumbs to it.”

He narrows his icy blue eyes, the same that she has seen warm with adoration when looking at her and knows he’s not happy with her answer. With a shout of anger Alek grabs one of his sculptures, one not yet finished and smashes onto the floor. Lorna feels tears build in her eyes as he destroys his creation and puts her hand over her mouth to stop herself from pleading for him to stop. She knows him enough to know that it simply wouldn’t work anyway.

Heavily breathing and tears running down his face Alek falls to his knees and digs his hands into his hair. Lorna hesitates to step toward him but does it all the same, coming to kneel beside him. Her shaky hand comes to rest on his shoulder and though he tries to shake it off she holds firm.

That’s all it takes for him to fall apart in her hands. Hugging his arms around her waist he lays his head in her lap, sobbing like a small child. Lorna is also crying as she clutches him closer to her, pained by the evidence of his pain. They don’t say a word as he lets out the fear, grief and anger over what has happened into her lap. There isn’t really much to say.

When he calms down a bit though she feels compelled to take advantage of his compliant state and begins to speak. She decides to tell him of how she came to be with him and why she cannot tell him what he needs to know. Why her love for him has been her downfall as well as her salvation.

“You were nineteen when I first saw you.” She tells him, tears thick in her voice. “You were already on a bad road though you were so young. Tortured though you had so much other people wanted. You were drinking so much that something bad happening seemed imminent. The creator had other plans for you then the fate you were designing for yourself so I was given the task of guiding you.

“Free will is a gift given to all creatures but when you become derailed from the task you are meant to fulfill you are given helpers. As a Malakh, that is in my job description, a guardian.” Lorna says softly, pleased to know he’s listening. “I was there but not to your knowledge, helping you see your potential and your path. You were meant to create, Alek, to share your gifts with the world.”

Smiling a little she leans down to kiss his hair before continuing. “It wasn’t long before I started to feel something more for you. At first I started to deny it, I wasn’t allowed to fall in love with a charge but you just…seemed to get to me. It was then I started visiting you in dreams, just so you could maybe love me like I loved you.”

“That’s when I started sketching you.” He says lowly, his head still in her lap.

“Yes.”

“I thought you were something I had made up and then I saw you in the flesh at the gallery. I thought I was going crazy.” He admits, sitting up to look her in the eye. All signs of distress are now gone from the plains of his face she gazes back at him.

Cupping his face she smiles sadly, “You have never been crazy, my love.”

“You said that you weren’t supposed to be with me.” He says, a slight frown pulling at his eyebrows and mouth. “So how are you?”

Lorna looks away, her heart aching at the memory of what she had to give up. “I…I had to fall.”

“Fall?”

“Yes.” She whispers. “I had to fall to earth, give away more immortality and my access to the divine knowledge. I still have some gifts, given to me at the moment of my creation but I have nothing close to what Wyatt has at his disposal.”

“Wyatt? You mean Maggie’s boyfriend? What does he have to do with this?”

“Wyatt is a nephilim. His father, Saul, is of angel blood while his mother is of human. So when I say he will do all he can for Maggie he will.”

“Why?” He asks suddenly after a moment of silence.

“Why what?”

“Why would you give that up for me, Lorna?”

Lorna shrugs but her lips pull up in a small smile. “Because divinity wasn’t worth not being able to touch you. It wasn’t worth not being able to see you look at me like you do now. It wasn’t worth not being with you.”

Grabbing her around the waist Aleksandr pulls her into his lap so she is straddling him. A few of her chocolate colored curls fall in front of her face at the sudden movement and he brushes them away. Looking into his eyes Lorna knows that he believes her and despite his previous behavior, still loves her. Its there written in his eyes, just like it always has been.

“You know.” He mumbles into her neck, his lips poised to kiss over her pulse. “I always knew you were an angel, I just didn’t know it was a literal one.”

“It doesn’t scare you?” She asks breathlessly, arching her neck to grant him better access.

He chuckles against her neck, “No but I do have a request.”

“And that would be?”

“Don’t keep secrets from me again.”

Looking down at his serious expression she nods. He continues to assault her with his addictive kisses again making her sigh with a smile. She agreed to tell his request but there are still things she won’t tell him just yet. Thinking of the sonogram in her purse just feet away her smile only grows.

Oh she’ll tell him, just not yet.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm aware this is very short and a very late update but some of you had questions about Lorna and so I decided to have a little make up and make out *winks* session for the pair. I hope this answered a few of your questions and made you go 'AWE'.

Next chapter we're back to Maggie and Wyatt being adorable! Yay!

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}