5 | improvisation at its finest

"Scum ball," Jenna spat out, venom laced in her tone, "Scum bucket."

"Yeah, you tell that T.V. Jenna," Evelyn encouraged Aunt, "Let it know how you really feel."

"I'm not talking to the T.V.," she pointed out, "I'm talking about him."

Evelyn looked up at the screen in confusion, "The news guy?"

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell," she explained. "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"No way," Elena grinned. "You and him?" She looked back up at the screen, "He's cute."

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him," Jenna rolled her eyes when she saw the box Elena was holding, "What are you doing with that?"

"I went yesterday and got it from the safety deposit box," she answered. "Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asked as she walked over and looked through the box.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring," Elena corrected.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth?" Jeremy piped up. "You know, like on eBay?"

"You're not gonna find out."

"That stuff is mom and dad's," he pointed out. "You can't just give it away."

"I'm not giving it away," she countered. "It's called a loan, Jeremy."

"You're giving it away," Evelyn stated and Elena shot her a look as the doorbell rang.

"I'm not."

"I'll get the door," Evelyn decided, hoping off the couch. "You go through the last few things of our ancestors and give them away."

"Technically, Tyler will be taking them away," she pointed out.

"That changes nothing," Evelyn replied as she opened the door. She leaned her head back once she saw who it was, "Elena! It's for you!"

Elena walked over to the front door and grinned when she saw who it was, "Hi."

"Hi," Stefan greeted and Elena pulled him into the house, pressing her lips to his.

Evelyn gagged dramatically before she made her way back to where Jeremy and Jenna were, "Three guesses who it was."

Without a second thought, they both spoke in unison, "Stefan."

The rest of the day went how the majority of Evelyn's days went, "Read, watch T.V., dance. Singing at an unnecessarily loud volume so that Elena had to come into her room and scold her for interrupting her Stefan time.

"Careful," Evelyn had commented, "I'm too young to be an aunt."

Eventually though, she grew hungry and of course there was no food in the house.

Normally she would have been content with driving to pick up her food but Elena had taken her car and Evelyn wasn't in the mood to walk.

Just as she picked up the phone to order food, however, the doorbell rang. She made her way to answer the door but Jeremy beat her to it.

Without a second thought, they both said in sync, "Stefan."

Jeremy made an attempt at shutting the door on whoever was there but they stopped him. "I'm here for my mom," Tyler explained. "I was supposed to pick up a box of stuff."

"One second!" Evelyn shouted from where she had been standing and she made her way back to the kitchen to retrieve the box of items. She carried it to the door and handed it to him, "Careful. It's supposed to be important or something like that."