15 | whispers from the tomb

Evelyn woke up groggy and looked around to find she had been in an unfamiliar room. She noticed Ben, the bartender from the Grill, asleep in a chair at the end of the bed.

She cautiously looked around for an exit that wouldn't be noticeable but the only way out was through the door. Standing up slowly, she stepped over Ben's outstretched legs and backed up quietly to the door.

She unlocked the deadbolt as carefully as she could and turned the lock, prepared to run.

"I wouldn't," Ben suggested and she turned around to see him approaching.

"Don't try to escape," he suggested and Evelyn could see his eyes dilate as they would when compelling someone, "Don't even move. Do you understand?"

Evelyn nodded. "I understand."

Ben scoffed before grabbing a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. She turned back and quickly, ready to run when she was stopped by a girl standing outside the door.

"Seriously?" the girl exclaimed.

"I told her not to move!" he pointed out. "I did that eye thing that you taught me!"

"And forgot the lesson about vervain!" she replied. "Her sister dates a vampire, Ben. Duh!"

The girl then pushed Evelyn up against the wall before opening the bathroom door.

"Who are you?" Evelyn asked. "What do you want?"

"Does it matter?"

She then forcefully pushed her into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. She switched the light on and looked around the room to find Bonnie unconscious in the bathtub.

"Bonnie?" Evelyn spoke quietly, walking over to the tub and lifting her head, "Oh my god!" She grabbed a wash cloth off the rack and got it wet before placing it on her forehead, "Bonnie?"

Her eyes fluttered open, "Elena?"

"Close," she replied. "Got the wrong sister."

Bonnie laughed a little but reached for her head, "My head..."

"Come here," Evelyn suggested, helping her sit up straight.

"Oh my god!" Bonnie suddenly exclaimed. "Ben is a-!"

"Shhhh," Evelyn said, cutting her off. She gestured to her ear and pointed at the door, "They can hear." She got up and turned on the sink before rejoining Bonnie.

"I'm so stupid!" she exclaimed.

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "You're not stupid."

"What's going?" the witch asked. "Why are we here?"

"It must have something to do with the tomb and Emily's spell book," Evelyn explained.

"Spell book?"

"Damon said it could be used to open the tomb."

"Why didn't I know about any of this?"

"We were trying to keep you out of it," she informed her. "Hoping it would never come to this."

"Come to what?"

"They need a witch to break the spell and let the vampires out."

"No way!" Bonnie exclaimed.

"I know."

Ben opened the door and turned the sink off.

"You're wasting your time. I'm not gonna help you," Bonnie said from the tub.