*6*

I walk into the bathroom with my dress and quickly put it on.

"What do you think?" I ask as I walk out and do a small twirl.

"Annie you need to stop taking my breath away." James chuckles as he stands and looks me up and down, causing me to blush.

I don't say anything not knowing how to take the compliment.

"You ready?" I nod quickly and he takes my hand and holds it on our way out.

We walk down the stairs quickly and out the door. He opens my door and helps me climb into his truck and he quickly takes off.

"So where are we going?" I ask with an excited smile.

"I'm not telling you." James chuckles and I give him a pouty look as he and I put our seatbelts on.

I play with my finger nails in anticipation as a comfortable silence falls over us.

*

I tilt my head as we pull up to a brick building with a sign saying Slam Poe's.
I unbuckle as James kills the engine. I open my door and jump out walking around and meeting James at the front. He smiles at me and grabs my hand, we then proceed to walk in.

A hostess smiles at us. She is wearing black slacks and a blue button up. Her brown hair is pinned up and green eyes sparkle at us.

"Just two?" She ask and I can tell, her voice is raised an octave to accomplish the perfect customer service voice. James nods and she grabs two menus and beckons us to follow her.

She leads us to a table close to a stage. The stage has a stool and a microphone set up.

We sit at the table and I turn to James who sits across from me. "What is this?"

James smirks as he shrugs his shoulders innocently, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"So twenty questions?" James ask as he picks up his menu causing a giggle to escape me.

"How old are we?" I ask sarcastically.

A chuckle leaves James mouth. "Ah, that's a good start, I'm 22." I roll my eyes at his answer as I pick up my menu and look over it.

"I'm 19," I say shyly.

"That's a nice age." I giggle at James response. "Its your turn to ask a question Annie."

"What's your full name?" At my question James face seems to pale causing my eyebrows to raise.

"Eh I don't really like my full name," James shrugs as he nervously rubs the back of his neck.

I open my mouth but I'm interrupted by the waitress. "Hi, I'm samantha I'll be your server today! Can I start you off with any drinks?" I cringe at the overly excited waitress.