*22*

(Unedited, if you see any mistakes  comment 😂 I'm to sick)
Annie's pov

My eyes flutter open and I'm on my back looking up at the white, plain ceiling. I numbly sit there as I look up at the ceiling. I then close my eyes and breath in wincing at how it hurts. I never knew heartbreak could be this painful. I feel like I can't breath, like I am breathing through a straw. My heart aches, it feels as if it could explode, and I move my hand to my chest. I groan as my head throbs and I open my eyes again.

With all these feelings I know, I never want to fall in love again. Nor do I want to let Riley drag me to a bar either.

Maybe love just isn't for me, my mate didn't want me, James went back to his mate. This might have been the Moon Goddess telling me love is not part of my future.

A knock sounds through my door interrupting my thoughts causing another groan to leave my lips.

I lick my lips before answering. "Come in."

The door opens and Eve skips in. Her hair is up in two pigtails and she wears a light blue sundress. "Hiya! Good afternoon Annie." She waves but my eyes widen at her words.

Afternoon? Damn it.

"That other girl left earlier in a hurry, something about finding a witch." Eve shrugs and I sigh loudly.

"Okay." I say softly and Eve moves towards me and sits on my bed.

"Well would you like to go get a late lunch?" Eve ask sorta shyly causing me to furrow my eyebrows. Why be shy about lunch.

"Um sure?" I tilt my head slightly and shrug. At my answer a hug smile takes over Eves face.

"Great! I know just the place! Plus I also have a surprise for you!" By now Eve is up and jumping up and down lightly.

A small smile takes over my frown at her reaction. So I stand despite the feeling of my body pleading me to lay back down and to never move. My joints scream and my back groans but nonetheless I get dress.

I put on a pair of dark colored Jean's and a creamy blouse and slip on some sandals.

"Wow Annie you are so beautiful!" I smile slightly at her attempt to cheer me up, even though I don't feel beautiful.

She hooks her arm in mine, very differently than Riley does. Rileys is more protective and assertive, letting you know that nothing would hurt you while she was around. Eve's is more light hearted, more careless.

Eve's wings seem to flutter in excitement as we walk down the hall.

My eyes widen as a smile reaches my face as we walk down the staircase to the front entrance as I see him in pink skinny Jean's and a white tshirt. His hair is styled in perfection and even his makeup is done. I think this is the first time I've seen him wear make up.

"Fray." I say excitedly as I approach him. I didn't really know Fray that well, but Fray is very much needed right now. I needed just a little light hearted relief in my life at this moment.

Fray wraps his arms around me and.hugs me tightly. "Hey Annie."

"Oh I love hugs," Eve states excitedly and I feel her arms around me as she joins in the group hug. Normally I didn't like hugging people I barely knew, but this is definitely an exception.

"Alright I am starving let's jet out of here!" Fray breaks from the hug and Eve's wings flutter as his words as an excited squeal leaves her mouth as we walk out.

"Oh Fray can I drive?" Eve begs excitedly as we approach Frays car.

Fray throws her a pointed look mixed with a slight glare. "Absolutely not."