The Past Part Two

It happened the first week after Stiles became his usual self. Well, as healthy as he could be after being possessed, and his father was the first one to notice this. John saw the way Stiles would flinch at the slightest sounds or when John dragged his cup across the table. He noticed when Stiles started to sleep with his room locked and light on. John noticed when Stiles had stopped sleeping too, even though Stiles had thought he was hiding it. John saw the darkened bags under his sons' eyes got more significant with each passing day, and this worried him. It bothered him so much that he called the only person he knew would help, and that person was Derek Hale.

The Sheriff knew how Stiles felt about the older man, and although he didn't honestly like the idea of his seventeen-year-old son being around a twenty-five-year-old man. He knew love when he saw it, and John saw it when Stiles talked about Derek the first time he tried to explain supernatural beings to him. John saw it in the way Stiles looked at any pictures of Derek. He saw it in his eyes, and John knew that look all too well because that's how he used to look at Claudia, his late wife. Of course, he knew Stiles was right about the supernatural; he didn't want to open that old book again, knowing about supernaturals couldn't help his dying wife. Then it tried to take his son too. It does things to a man.

So when Derek knocked on the Stilinski door a few weeks after Stiles came back, John told him everything. He reminded Derek of Claudia and Talia being friends growing up in this town and how she was the one to introduce John and Claudia to each other. "She was the only one to notice how in love we were." He laughed. He could see Derek smiling, remembering his mothers' friends, but that wasn't the reason John called Derek over. "Look, the reason I called you over is that I need you to do something for me." He said, looking at his hands.Derek, without hesitation, said, "anything." It didn't surprise the man at all, "I need you to take Stiles out." You didn't need to be a wolf to hear Derek's heartbeat. "What?" "Not like a date, Derek, and believe me, I know you'd do that too," Derek's face turned red. "But for now, I need you and your pack to take Stiles somewhere, anywhere, make him feel better. He's still messed up after the whole Nogitsune thing, and I can't just stand by and watch my son hurt like this." John finally looked up at Derek, who could see he was serious.

"Please, he likes you," Derek felt his heart stop. "And I know he feels safer when you and your pack are around, so I'm asking man to a man, can you take care of my boy?" Derek was speechless while looking at the father in front of him. John reminded Derek a little of his father. He was always so caring and loving. He was human and was the one who worried the most about them growing up, even though he knew of their 'powers' but he still worried. "I'll do everything in my power Sir to help and take care of Stiles." Relief filled the man's eyes, "Thank you."Derek felt himself smile as he walked out of the household, already thinking about what he could do. It took some time, but a week after the Shieff had talked to Derek, he had a plan, and his number one player came back into town to help.

----------

Stiles sat in his room. The blinds were covering the windows making the room darker then it already is. Stiles felt cold, nowadays that's all he felt. It had to have been an after-effect from the Nogitsune. His body always ran hot with the power of the fox spirit, and with it gone, Stiles was cold all over. He watched from his window the people that were outside of his house. Doing normal human things, those foolish people that didn't know the truth that lies in the world."Dear sweet lord, this place stinks!" Stiles jumped his arms flailing around the place before he hit the floor. A laugh filled the air causing Stiles to look up. She stood there, tall in her black heels — jeans that fit her just right and a shirt that would cause a priest to sin. Her markup was on point like always, and her curls bounced as she laughed. Stiles couldn't believe his eyes. The last time he had seen her, she was sent to a Hale friend so that she could recover from the near-death experience.