The Future Part One

Year: 2022

If you told Stiles he would be running for his life yet again ten years ago, there is no way in heaven or hell he wouldn't have believed you. Here he was once again running for his life from another Kanima. He could hear his pack running somewhere around the woods fighting off the other Kanimas'. Yes other. It was a pack of them. Some hunter from a few years ago was able to get them all under control, and now they were back to try and get rid of the Hale pack. Another howl rang in his ears, causing Stiles to stop and trip over a root that was sticking out from the ground.

That wasn't one of his pack members. A thought split through his head, the McCall pack. Stiles couldn't help the joy that spiked through his body. He picked himself back up and took off running again. Praying, he'd make it to the house before the thing caught up with him. Something to his left snapped, and his spark flared to life as his body was shot up into the air. On instinct, he reached out to grab the branch that was above him just as one of the smaller Kanimas' shot across the place Stiles had just been. He watched as it looked around, and the world seemed to slow down as it's yellow eyes turned toward the tree Stiles hung from.

He felt his heartbeat spike as the thing went to jump to the limb. At the same time, Stiles felt his spark burn in his veins again. Lighting a fire from his heart deep down to his toes. It all happened in a second, the Kaniam hit the tree face first, and Stiles found himself standing a few feet away from the place he had once been. Having no time to think about the cool new power Stiles had unlocked, he took off again, running as fast as he could to the Packhouse. Breaking the treeline, Stiles saw several others standing to wait for their loved ones to come back from the woods.

Lydia was there, turning her head to look at him when he felt the sold force knock him to the ground. He heard someone scream, and maybe it was his own because the next thing he felt was claws being dug into his back. The edges of his eyes started to blacken as a hiss sounded above him. Stiles tried to push the monster off of him, but he could feel the paralysis beginning to overtake his body. The Kanima had to be a little one still if the paralysis was taking this long. He could no longer move his legs, but his hands and arms even worked.

He slammed his hand on the forest floor, calling the power that the earth held. Stiles twisted his body and came face to face with the yellow-eyed monster. Words spilled from his lips in Latin, a small spell that flung the beast from laying over Stiles to hang in the air by an invisible string. Lydia was by his side, helping him stand as the Kanima struggled to break free from the invisible bond. "Stiles." Lydia used all her strength to pick Stiles up and walk to the Hale house. The Kanima screeched from behind them as they got closer. A roar sounded around the clearing as Derek ran to the two of them.

"Lydia are you two okay?" He asked, taking Stiles and lifting him into his arms. "Yes. Stiles has one of the Kanima. He did the string spell." "I'm not sure how long it'll hold. We have to work fast." "There is no we Stiles." Derek cut him off. "You'll stay in the house where it's safe. Lydia will stop anything that tries to get in." Stiles whined as Derek laid him down the on living room couch. He placed a small kiss on the top of Stiles' head before he turned back to run out of the door. "Be safe!" Stiles yelled, trying to move to see Derek leave, but he still couldn't move.

"It's so good to see you two together," Lydia said, looking out of the house window. Stiles smiled, looking up at the ceiling, only because that was the only thing he could look at. "Took us years to find each other, but we finally did it." Lydia laughed. "Damn right it took you long enough." Something slammed against the house, causing the whole building to shake slightly. "Who was that?" "Erica. She's good. Got right back up." "That's my girl." Stiles smiled again. Someone howled long and low. Someone was hurt and in danger. "Lydia!" He yelled, trying to move his body. "I've got it!" Stiles could only listen to her heels as Lydia ran out of the room and house.