The Past Part Five

Stiles was curled up on the couch books around him, and Derek felt his heartbeat pick up, Peter laughing as he walked past Derek. Stiles looked up in time to see Derek give Peter his best glare before he pats the place next to him. "Come on wolf boy. I'm gonna teach you something today." Derek smiled and sat next to the human, leaning over Stiles' shoulder so he could look at the book he had. There were different symbols in several lines on the page, and Derek had no idea what many of them meant.

Stiles started explaining them, talking about each one in detail. Derek tried his best to keep up with the words Stiles spoke, but the way his mouth moved was causing Derek to have some severe problems with focusing. "This one helps with converting your powers to someone else. Kind of like a binding rune," Stiles looked up at Derek and frowned. "Are you even listening to me?" He snapped, using the book to hit Derek. "What?" Derek flinched, knowing he was in the dog house now. He looked down at the damn book, "no." Stiles sighed, letting his head fall back on the couch. "Dddeeerrrreeeekkkk." "Yyyyyeeeeeesssss?"

Stiles glared at him, "come on. Let me use you." Derek felt his face flush, he could think of many ways Stiles would use him, all involving the bed in his room and Stiles begging. Or him begging. One way or another. "Derek? Dear god, did I break you." Derek snapped his teeth playfully at the finger that poked him. "Use me for what?" "The spell Derek." His eyes shined bright, "the spell." Derek watched him, Stiles smile was big stretching from ear to ear and his eyes danced with fire behind them. Derek could do nothing but agree.

That's how he found himself with Stiles painting the binding rune onto his forearm, in the same place Stiles had painted on his arm. Derek felt his power cut in half, and his mouth hung up as Stiles' eyes changed to a bright red. "Wow." Derek moved without thinking. Placing his hand on Stiles' face, tracing his jaw with his fingers. "Stiles." He breathed, feeling his body moving forward. Close. He thought. So close. A howl filled the air around them, causing both of them to jump back and break from the trance that they were under.

Stiles' eyes changed back as he broke the rune quickly. A shiver ran down Derek's spin. He felt his power come back like a punch to the gut, and his own eyes flash red. "Jackson?" Stiles frowned and looked in the direction the howl came from. "Yeah, that was him," Derek started to walk to the front door. "He wasn't going to be home till tomorrow." Before they made it to the library door when Cora came running in, sweat running down her face and blood ran down her arm. "Cora?" Stiles asked, moving to help keep her up. "What happened?" He helped her sit down.

"There is something out there." She glared at the cut on her arm as it started to heal. "I went to get Jackson cause he wanted to surprise you all, and on the way back here, something attacked us." "Did you see what it was?" Derek listened he could hear Peter running out of the house to help Jackson, and it sounded like Erica was there too. "No. It was too fast, but when it clawed me, it felt like my skin was on fire, but it was cold to the touch." Stiles turned from them and went straight to the books. Trying to put together what kind of monster it was.

"Derek," Cora grabbed onto his arm. "the thing." Her eyes glossed over. "It smelt like mom." Derek closed his eyes. He took a deep breath before sitting next to his sister and pull her into his arms. With Stiles lost in his books, it didn't take long for Derek to hear the rest of his pack break the clearing. Erica was the first one to walk in. Derek saw blood on the side of her face before she dropped to Derek's right side and curled into him. Derek placed a hand on her thigh, rubbing circles into her clothes.

Boyd only had a few cuts here and there on his arms, Isaac had leaves and branches sticking out of his hair, and unlike the others, he didn't have a cut on him. Peter and Jackson looked the worse. Peter had a long gash down his right side and a gash on his head. Jackson had cuts on both his arms, his right eye was swollen shut, and he was limping as he made his way to Stiles. Jackson fell next to him, pressing his face into the side of Stiles' leg. "Peter what do you take from what you guys fought," Stiles spoke, not looking up from his book.