author tag

Thanks so much marshmallowfudgecake for tagging me!! You're amazing love 💛

1. Is there a story you're holding off writing for some reason?

Yes—I'm holding off on my LOTR fic, Fields of Starlight. I'm mostly not sure how to start it, as LOTR is a very complicated world to write in!

2. What work, if any, are you embarrassed at existing?

Back when I was in bandom, I wrote a True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys fanfic. It was three chapters long and dealt a lot with grief, love, and the realities of living in a time when you could easily loose the people close to you. It was way too deep for what it was, lol.

3. What order do you write in?

Beginning to end, though I try to plan ahead.

4. Favorite character that you've written?

Ellaeo! I love my little rebel girl so much, and there's honestly so much more I could have done with her. I am happy with her story's end, though.

5. Character that you were most surprised to end up liking?

See, I like all my OCs, so this is hard. I guess I'm surprised at how much fun it is to write Atlas in Prodigy...and please don't remind me how long it's been since I updated that.

6. Something that you would go back and change but it's too late/complicated now?

Actually, the beginning of The Griffon. I have other characters I'd like to introduce, but it's too late now! That's what happens when I get ideas after I begin a story lol.

7. When asked are you enthusiastic or embarrassed to tell people you write?

Depends. I have no problems talking about my original fiction and poetry, but I am slightly embarrassed to talk about my fanfiction with most people.

8. Favorite genre to write?

Fantasy! I love it so much, it's such fun!

9. What do you do for inspiration?

For fanfic, I watch/read the source material, read other fics, listen to music, and make Pinterest boards.

10. Do you write in silence or with background noise?

I don't like silence, so I write with music or even a podcast in the background.

11. What aspect of your writing has changed since the beginning?

A lot! I've been writing for nine years, so quite a bit has changed since I started. The most important part is making sure the story makes sense—I was very bad at this way back when.

12. Your weakness as an author?

Dialogue. I stink at it, someone please teach me how it works cause I need help.

13. Your strength?

I like to think it's characters! I love creating new and unique characters, and I think they're a strength when it comes to my writing.

14. Do you make playlists for your fics?

Yep! They're what I listen to while writing.

15. When did you start writing?

When I was thirteen—nine years ago now.

16. Are there any characters that haunt you?

Oh, jeez. So many. All the fandoms I never write for, but love dearly (I don't write for them cause they're tiny around here lol). Also, a character for a Marvel fic I was going to write called Petra. I love her dearly.

17. If you could give your fledgling author self any advice, what would it be?

Think more about your writing! Don't just write and go, actually consider what you're writing.

18. Were there any books that influenced your writing style?

Of course! LOTR, The Hunger Games, and the Percy Jackson series are the ones that have most influenced me—yep that's right, I was huge into The Hunger Games!

19. Do you write in long sit-down sessions or short bursts?

Short bursts. My attention span isn't the best, so I need to take breaks, lol.

20. What do you think when you read your old works?

"Why did I do that??"

21. Are there any subjects that make you uncomfortable to write?

Sex, extreme violence, and things relating to suicide are big nos for me to write. I just cannot.

22. Are there any obscure life experiences that may have helped your writing?

Not that obscure, but having such severe ADHD and anxiety has helped in some ways—at least I can write them accurately! Also, I studied psychology as my minor in college, so that helps when writing as well.

23. Have you ever become an expert in something you knew nothing about in order to improve a story?

Not yet, but I'll need to learn some biochemistry in order to write Emilie properly!

24. Copy and paste a paragraph you're particularly proud of.

From Ellaeo:
"She let the momentum of the swing carry her, twirling around and jamming the staff between a trooper's helmet and suit. With her left hand, she pulled her blaster and shot a trooper on her left side with it, then jerked the one she had by the neck forward and right into the path of another. The two collided and collapsed. Another spin allowed Ellaeo to sweep the legs from yet another trooper, one she had heard coming. One of the perks of being trained by a blind man was that she relied on all her senses in a fight, not just her eyes."

I'm just so so proud of this little fight scene! It's the first one I've written decently, so yeah.

I tag: WillowRavenheart24 sweetwines sorceress-supreme (if you've already done this, don't feel pressured to do it again!)