Chapter 3 part 1

Chapter 3 part 1

Caroline has been traveling all over the world looking for a cure to stop the merge, the only solution she could find was that if one of the twins turn, so they will become a heretic. She told this to Alaric, who reacted very badly, she told him that this was the only solution, they had been searching for 10 years. 10 freaking years and nothing, Caroline thought that this option was their only solution to stop the merge. That day Caroline and Alaric had a big fight about it and it ended with Caroline leaving Mystic Falls and never once had she been back ever since. No one knows why she left that day and why she hasn't been back home since except Alaric. The news broke the twins since they were very close with their mother and loved her very much.

Josie was in Alaric's looking for anything that could tell her where her mother was. She searched the bookshelves, the desk and so on, until she finally found Alaric's diary. She used a spell to find all of the pages where Caroline's name was mentioned. As she was reading the different pages, she finally found the page she was looking for. "I can't believe she dared to come to here and suggest that we turn the girls to a heretic. I'm well aware that I'm not the biggest fan of vampires or well that's how I used to feel. But my girl's, my sweet little girl's, I can't watch them being one. So I did what a good father would do to protect my girls. I sent Caroline away, it might not have been one of the best choices that I have made, but I don't regret it. I can see that the girls miss their mom a lot, I can see it on their faces and every time I see it, I can feel the guilt rise in me. I know that Caroline is somewhere in Europe continuing her search for another cure". Josie was fuming after she read that, how could her dad turn her away, just because he didn't agree with her, besides it's was not his choice to make, they had a solution for the merge, it may not have been the cure, but at least both he and Lizzie would be alive.

...

* Present time – 3 months later *

Josie made a plan to finally push her former friends over the edge. She would start with Hope. If there is one thing that Hope cares about, it's her paintings the ones she made with her father before he died. Josie decided that she would start a fire in Hope's room, so all the things in her room would burn, but what the other's didn't know, was that Josie had taken all the things Hope found precious and hidden them. She couldn't do that to Hope especially because she knows how much those things mean to her.

You see Josie made a plan after she found about the merge. She had given up about finding a cure, so she knew what she had to do. She would isolate herself from her friends and family, she would make them hate her, so they would lean more towards Lizzie because Lizzie would need them for when Josie is no longer here. She was planning on losing the merge deliberately. Mg was the only that knew about her crazy plan. He had tried to change her mind multiple times, but Josie wouldn't budge.

It was the annual flag football game against Mystic Falls High, this was Josie's chance to start the first part of her plan, she knew that everyone would be there, which meant that she had the school to herself. Josie had decided to sit this game out, even though it would have been the perfect alibi for her, but she needed them to know that it was her or else what is the reason. The game had begun, Josie stayed for the first 10 minutes of the game, "Mg, I'm going now, cover me and makes sure no one follows me inside the school, alright?", "yeah Jo, I know, just be careful". "And before I leave can siphon from you, I need to do a teleportation spell, and those require a lot of magic since it's an advanced spell", "sure", Josie took his hand and siphoned from it, she smiled at him before she went into the school. But what Josie didn't knew was that, Penelope saw everything.

Josie was standing in front of Hope's dorm room, she siphoned the door, to reverse the spell, Hope had used on the door, so no one could enter. As she entered the room, she found all of the things she needed, paintings, family pictures and so on. She laid all of the stuff in the middle of the room. She knew she needed a lot of magic to do this, so Josie began to siphon from a pendant Penelope had given her, Penelope had infused some magic into the pendant and had then given it to Josie, so she could use in emergencies. She began to say the spell and all of the things teleported into Josie's room and they would be there under a clocking spell. Josie could feel the blood dripping from her nose and her head getting dizzy, but she wasn't finished yet. Satisfied with her work, Josie stepped outside the room and said "Ignarious", and throws the fireball into the room before turning and leaving only to be met with emerald green eyes looking at her. 'This was not part of the plan, but at least there was a witness even though it's her', Josie just walked passed Penelope, she wasn't in the mood for a confrontation right now. But before she could any further, Penelope grabbed her wrist, "What the hell did you just do", Penelope asked, "as you saw with your own eyes, I just set Hope's room on fire, that will teach not to meddle in my business. "Josie what happened, why is  your nose bleeding, talk to me, this is not you, let me be there for you.", Penelope said with pleading eyes, while whipping the blood from Josie's face away. 

"There is nothing to talk about, this can be example to all of you to leave me alone", 

"try saying that again, while looking into my eyes", Josie raised her head and looked straight into her eyes, but before she could say something, she felt something on her lips,her lips were touching Penelope's, the kiss was lustful and short, Penelope pulled away and rested her forehead against Josie's. Josie opened her eyes, looked straight at Penelope, "I need to go". Penelope sighed and watched her leave.