Reunion pt 1

As the door closed after Penelope had left the office, Josie sighed and turned so she was standing face to face with her father. Alaric took a step forward, not quite sure if he should give Josie a hug or not. Josie could see he was hesitant and decided for him by engulfing him in a hug. "I have missed you so much, dad", Alaric could feel his shirt get wet and squeezed tighter, "I missed you to pumpkin".

Josie knew that her parents also needed to talk, so she stepped away from Alaric. "If it's okay with you, I would like to go and see Lizzie".

"Yeah of course", Alaric answered. Josie then left the office and made it to her old room. Caroline stayed behind, thinking she would go and see Lizzie after they have talked.Right as Josie left the room, Caroline used her vamp speed and hugged Alaric, who had tears in his eyes now. 

"I'm sorry Care, I had no right to take them away from you. I have missed you so much". He may not have romantic feelings for Caroline, but he still cared deeply for her.

Caroline shushed him, she broke the hug so she could take a look at him, see how he had seasoned from the last time she saw him, she caressed his cheek, using her thumb to remove the tears that had slipped his eyes.

"It's okay Ric, I may not agree with how you handled things, but I do understand why you acted as you did. You were looking out for our girls and you have done an amazing job. Josie is lovely, caring and always help others and I can't wait to meet Elizabeth.

...

Josie was standing in front of what once was her room. Debating whether she should knock or not. She decided that she might as well rip the bandage off and decided to knock. 5 seconds later the door opened, blue eyes met brown ones before Josie could say anything, a hand had made contact with her right cheek. 

Josie touched her cheek, shocked to react, but she understood her sister, she wasn't welcome, so she turned, ready to walk away, but Lizzie grabbed her wrist and pulled her against herself so she was hugging Josie. "Don't you dare do anything like that again Josette", she sobbed, which made Josie sob.

They pulled away and Lizzie went to lay on her bed motioning for Josie to come and join her. Josie joined her on the laying next to her sister, both starring at each other, "so the merge isn't happening anymore", Lizzie started out before continuing, "thank you, Jo, because of you we both will be able to live past 23. I do wish that you had told me about the merge and what you were planning before running away".

"I know, I'm sorry for running away and acting like a bitch to all of you. I don't what you to feel guilty, I honestly don't mind not having my powers anymore. I have already figured out what I want to do for the rest of my life". Josie grabbed Lizzie's hand, "I want to take over for dad someday and continue his legacy by running the school with you by my side unless you want to do something else".

"I would love that", Lizzie answered.Josie got up from the bed, "where you going Jo?", "come follow me, there is someone that I want you to meet". Lizzie followed Josie out of the room. 

Lizzie recognized the direction that they were going in, "why are we going to dad's office", Josie didn't answer but instead opened the door to the office, so Lizzie could see for herself.

"Lizzie entered the office and looked around until her eyes landed on a familiar face she hadn't seen in ages. "Mom" and ran to hug her, Caroline opened her arms captured Lizzie in her arms. "I'm here, I'm home baby".

Josie went back to her room there had been enough reunions for one day. She thought about what had been haunting her the whole night, the look on Penelope's face when she saw her, but she didn't blame her cause Josie would probably have done the same thing.  

Author's note

Hey guys, would you mind telling me what you thought of this chapter also maybe how you wish her reunion with Penelope should be. 

Cause I thought the reunion could go two ways; the first one were they  have a heart to heart discussion or the second where Penelope does something to upset Josie on purpose...