6 months later

6 months have passed since Josie left the school. The rest of the school was quite surprised when they heard the news, but weren't surprised in the end after all that has been happening.
The students would have been fools if they hadn't noticed it. The student was also witnesses to the change in Penelope's demeanor. It had changed within 6 months. She had become the new HBIC which meant she was butting heads with Lizzie these days which didn't bother her at all.

It may sound childish, but she and Lizzie had become enemies after Josie had left them. Penelope meant that it was Lizzie's fault that Josie left. Josie had spiraled down so far down the codependency hole because of her. She had left no room for Josie which in the end made her feel like that she had to sacrifice herself for her twin. So ever since she left, Penelope had given Lizzie a run for her money. Always taking a jab at her every time the opportunity arose for the occasion.

The election for the honor council was announced.
Lizzie was in full campaign mode or rather full victory preparation mode. She had already decided that she was going to be the witches' representative. But little did she know that Penelope also decided to run.

Lizzie was on her way to meet with some fellow witches to try to persuade them to vote for her until she suddenly stopped walking because she heard her name, "Lizzie Saltzman only cares about Lizzie Saltzman. I personally believe that you deserve a better candidate", that made Lizzie furious especially because she recognized the voice saying them.

"And who would that be? You?", Lizzie said as she crossed her arms.

"Actually, yes I am. Cause unlike you, I do actually care about my fellow witches and not only interested in what benefits me, but all of us".

"So you're running just to spite me?"

"Now that's just an added bonus" with that Penelope stood up and ready to leave, "see you around witches".

Lizzie just scoffed and immediately left the room. She thought this was getting ridiculous, Penelope had taken jabs at her nonstop for the last 6 months. She was done with this. It was her turn to get even with Penelope.
After their interaction in the common room, Lizzie left with a plan in her mind.
...

All of the students had gathered together in the common room to cast their vote. The wolves would be the first ones to vote, next would be the vampires and last the witches.
As the last vamp had voted, Penelope stood up, she was the first witch to vote and that's when it happened.

She felt something cold and gooey all over her. The only laughter you could hear was Lizzie's echoing through the room and maybe a few snickers from the wolves and the vamps.
But the witches were in shock who dared to make a fool out of the HBIC. Everyone was silent as well curiously waiting for Penelope to retaliate back against the person who did this to her, but they already knew the answer, so they just waiting for her to attack Lizzie, but to their surprise, nothing happened. Penelope took a deep breath and took a step forward smirking as always.

"My fellow witches and co. are Lizzie Saltzman who you want as your representative. I mean look" while pointing at herself, "she doesn't even think that she can win why ells stoop so low to make a fool out of me. How can you put your trust into someone who doesn't believe themselves? Yeah, I could get back at her for doing this, but that wouldn't make me any better than her. So my fellow witches think clearly about who you would want as your representative while I go and change and remember vote wisely". Penelope got down from the podium and was on her way to leave the common room, but not before turning around and winking at Lizzie which just fumed the blonde witch more.

Penelope was in the hall when she heard someone say, "you know, you didn't have to say all of those things that's a little low even for you".

"Hope, glad to see you stepped out of your antisocial bubble and decided to join us". Hope didn't answer, so Penelope just scoffed before speaking again, "maybe you're right I didn't have to, but was I wrong? I mean she slimed me in front of the school. And don't start talking about my behavior towards her, you're not better yourself. You have been distant and cold ever since she left and shutting us out. Why are you even mad, you weren't even speaking to her and you got all of your precious belongings back.

Hope knew this was a sore subject for Penelope, she also knew that she was only acting like this because of it. "Yeah, I got my stuff back, but that doesn't mean I don't care".

Penelope just huffed, "do you?"

"She was my best friend and I didn't even see her hurting. To think she went through all of this alone with none of us. Mr. Saltzman doesn't want to talk about it when I ask him about it. I have used every tracking spell that I could find to try and locate her, but nothing. She doesn't want to be found"

Penelope was looking surprised at her, "so what we're just gonna wait for her to show up when it's time for the merge?"

"I don't know, I really don't"

...

"All of the votings are now closed, so let's get started" when Emma said that all of the students starting applauding and whooping. "The werewolf representative will be Rafael", the wolves began to bark and cheering.
"Alright, settle down, thank you. And next up, the vampire representative will be Kaleb", which made the vamps cheer "whoooo, go Kaleb". "And last, the witch representative is Penelope", louder cheering echoed when her name was mentioned.

"Thank you for voting, and congratulations to our new representatives".

Lizzie was fuming and stormed out of the room while Hope and Penelope watched her leave.
"Are you going to talk to her Pen?"

"Yeah", and with that, she left and went looking for the blonde.

Lizzie was in the gym taking jabs at the punching bag when she heard someone say, "it's sweet of you not wanting to hurt the punching bag", Lizzie turned around and saw Penelope smirking at her.

"You wanna take its place instead and then I'll try to punch a little harder"

"Don't blame me for losing, it's the rest of the witches who knew you would be bad at this job"

"And you do, you never do anything unless it's for your own benefit", Lizzie took a deep breath before continuing, "why have been after me these last past 6 months? Do you really hate me that much? Was it all for a show when Josie was still here, you pretending to be my friend. You're not the only one hurting I am too".

"It's not always about you, don't you get that. It's about how you treated Josie"

"I loved my sister"

"You were suffocating her, you left her no room for herself, she spent all of her energy and time taking care of you. She was willing to die for you, still is. Have you ever thought about losing the merge on purpose, I don't think you have, but she had that's why she left. She made all of us hate her so we could be there for you when the time came".

Lizzie didn't really know what to say. "Spare yourself I don't wanna hear it" and with that, she left the gym.