Day 2: Azabu

Azabu, Tokyo

(10:43am)

Why was it too bright?

Groaning, I stretched my body and yawned. Little by little, I opened my eyes and faced the sunlight coming through my bedroom window.

Yeah, it was too bright. I had to close it. I got to my feet and walked over to the window to shut the blinds. When I looked down, I realized I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday.

Wah, what a night. Good thing I drank lots and lots of water. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to leave my bed, let alone move.

I headed to the bathroom and took a shower, all the while thinking about my conversation with Papa yesterday. I had a week left before I was doomed for a life of hell, a loveless marriage.

Oh, my God. It just dawned on me... Did they actually expect me to bear Jesam's child? Then, that meant we had to have se —

No.

Walking out of my closet fully dressed with my long black hair still in wet tangles, I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts. There was only one way left to get away from this ridiculous alliance, and I was taking it.

He said so himself. He was my last resort.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

I stopped scrolling when I found his name.

Oshiro Mikihito

With a deep breath, I pressed his name. He answered as soon as it rang. I wasn't surprised that he was already awake so early in the morning. I doubted he even slept.

"Yo, Yuki!" Yo, Yuki!

I sat on the edge of my bed, fiddling with the hem of my dress because I didn't know where to start. "Ohayou, Mikihito-kun." 'Morning, Mikihito-kun.

"Genki?" How are you?

I could imagine him grinning from ear to ear. He was always a positive person, which was ironic considering our families' line of business. I guessed that was the reason why everybody liked and respected him, he was a ray of sunshine in the midst of all the darkness.

Whenever I told him that, he'd say that I was the rainbow.

The thought made me smile.

"Genki dayo," I told him. "Anata wa?" I'm fine. You?

"Ore mo." Me, too.

I bit my bottom lip. "Can I see you tonight?"

"Of course!" he replied almost instantly. "Oh, hold on. I'm making the rounds in Roppongi tonight, though."

"Ah, let's do it tomorrow instead?" I offered.

"No way," he refused firmly. "I'm not making you wait."

I didn't respond right away, thinking about how we could solve this dilemma. "Well, we can meet there so you don't have to be far away."

"Are you sure?"

I let out a small laugh. He had always been so considerate.

"I'm sure," I assured him.

"Arigatou, Yuki," he said, sounding relieved.

"Do itashimashite~" I replied, in a sing-song voice.

He chuckled. "What time do you want me to pick you up?"