Day 8: Unknown | Part 2

He just – Did he just told me that he loved me?

If so, that was a big deal. We hadn't even told each other's feelings, now that I think about it. All this time, we showed our feelings through our actions. And I guess from those, we already understood. It was as if we just knew it without needing it to be spoken out loud.

But for him to say it in words, at a time like this... Why did it feel like he was saying it in case he wouldn't be able to later?

I was about to ask him to repeat it just to be sure that I heard right, but then he turned to Mikihito. He looked as if he didn't say anything out of the ordinary.

"Glad you're alive, saekki ah," Jin Yeong told him with a smirk.

Wait, just how did he get here?

"How did you...?" I began to ask, trailing off when I realized I didn't know how to finish. How did he escape? How did he find us? How did he climb through a freaking window?

He untied me, before answering, "Hyung and I always carry this small flexible plastic blade with us. We stick it to our bodies to avoid detection. Even if they search us, they won't find it – unless they make us remove our underwear."

"That would've been a show," I commented under my breath. But I guessed he heard because he snorted a laugh, before going to untie Mikihito.

"There weren't that many people guarding me so I was able to escape."

"Thanks," mumbled Mikihito, rubbing his wrists.

"How many?" I asked Jin Yeong.

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Five?"

My eyebrows raised. "Five, just to guard you?"

For five people stationed to guard him, that meant he was the target. Was that why he was separated from us? What was the goal here?

"I know." Then, a smug crooked smile appeared on his sweaty face. "I'm insulted that they thought only five is enough."

I rolled my eyes in amusement. Leave it to Jin Yeong to be chill about all this. I brought my attention towards the hallway, my mind going on overdrive.

"Who are 'they,' though?" I asked, to no one in particular.

Jin Yeong's voice turned serious. "I don't know."

I frowned. "Do you have enemies back home?"

"Yes, but they're not smart enough to pull this off."

"The ones who attacked us at the park spoke in Korean."

"I know," he said grimly. "C'mon, let's get out of here," he added, heading to the door.

As quietly as he could, he slid the door open little by little. He peeked through, counting the people outside. He raised his hand and signaled 'four.'

I frowned. Only four to guard both me and Mikihito, then five for just Jin Yeong? Yeah, he was definitely the target. Why, though?

"I got this," Jin Yeong mouthed.

Mikihito stepped forward to protest, but Jin Yeong already went outside and began fighting the guards on his own. My childhood friend turned to me, wearing an incredulous look.

"Is he showing off?"

"He's just saving us the trouble," I reasoned, although a part of me considered that this was Jin Yeong's way of showing Mikihito that he was more reliable.