Epilogue: Yi Jin Yeong

9 months later

Hokkaido

(07:09pm)

As a new song started playing, a young man wearing a black lounge suit leaned his elbows on the railing and watched the people below mingle and dance.

Most seemed to be having fun. That was good.

His eyes wandered to the men in black suits, studying them with great caution. Either they were wearing a scowl or a stern expression. They looked like they had stick up their asses, which wouldn't really surprise him if they did.

He turned his attention to the two most notorious men in the room, sitting side by side. They were laughing and clinking their sake glasses together.

One was a Yakuza boss, and the other a Geondal hyungnim.

Anybody who didn't know them would think they were buddies for life, but everyone here knew they would rip each other's heads off if they could. Not with the current alliance, though.

A little smile appeared on the young man's face.

It wasn't because there was finally peace between the families. It also wasn't because they were now free to trade across the ocean borders without having to risk lives. It was because of what the alliance meant.

After three sets of (exhausting) wedding ceremonies – a traditional Japanese, a traditional Korean, and lastly a modern one – he was finally married to the woman of his dreams.

"Hiding?"

He straightened up at the sudden company and turned around, giving out a grin because he already knew whose voice it belonged to.

"Observing," he answered simply.

The young woman walked closer to him with the most adorable smile on her face. She was wearing a fluffy white dress, making her look like a fairy. Her hair was down in soft curls, tempting him to run his hands through them just to feel how silky they were.

When she was right in front of him, her expression changed to all seriousness as she put her arms around his neck. "No one here's going to hurt us."

"It's better to be alert," he replied, glancing at the crowd below them.

"Hey, look at me," she called. When he didn't, she said softly, "Oppa."

Finally, Jin Yeong's eyes locked with hers.

Yuki raised a hand to caress his cheek, assuring him, "This place is practically a fortress. Two of the most powerful families in Asia just formed an unbreakable alliance. No one's going to dare attack us at this moment."

The corner of his lips turned up in a crooked smile. "I'm not really worried about enemies we already know." He nodded to the people downstairs. "I'm more concerned with the ones disguising themselves as our friends."

Memories from last year came crashing down on them both.

Yuki's eyes traveled to her childhood friend, Mikihito, who was dancing with Eiko. He proved himself loyal when he shot his own father to save Jin Yeong. By doing that, he elevated himself and became the Head of the Oshiro clan earlier than originally planned.

All the clans eventually found out about how Oshiro Towa's treacherous plans failed. Yuki's father was beyond furious. He didn't want to lose his daughter the same way he lost his wife.