ii.

" eyes meet, and then look away "
___

The castle is magnificent, outstandingly beautiful as it is built tall and proud encased with vines around the brick walls. That was only the outside that took my breath away - then there was the inside.

One couldn't help but gasp in awe, my feet flying ahead of the King by themselves as I take in the grand entrance. Gold was the primary colour so it seemed, it ran swiftly through the pallets and white stoned architecture. The setting sun flying through the arched top to bottom windows making everything glow.

My feet swivel around, my eyes trying to take in the magnificent high top roofs, the spiral staircases that split into twos and held balconies above leading to different sections of the castle.

"Ever since I first saw this castle I always imagined what would be within," my voice resonates around the the room, my eyes catching onto guards - no warriors of the Royalty Pack, they were called - who I had missed in my spur of wonderment.

They stare at me with bemused eyes, I just give them a beaming smile before glancing over to Alpha King Nolan who's eyes meet mine in question. "You've been here before?"

"Not inside." I walk back towards him, still taking in everything around me. "A few years ago, when Sarah moved into the pack I came to help her out. She was quite nervous," I smile recalling the event, "we drove past here and I remember wondering what it would be like inside."

"Right here the whole time," He says so lowly I barely make out his words. He blinks back at me, shaking his head. "Tell me, does it fit to your imagination?"

He sounds nervous for my answer.

"Even more." I breathe out, smiling.

"Care for a personal tour?" His eyes twinkle with happiness, holding out an arm once again.

I relish in it, curving my arm around and tucking myself in beside him, I almost - almost - find myself curling into him completely wondering how I fit so perfectly. "Please."

I'm not aware of time as he gives me the grand estate tour within the castles, it flies by as we both talk - well, he talks and I do the questioning - both of us slowly walking around as he explains to me the routes, passages, the wings of the castle and how all hallways lead back to the entrance if I were ever to be lost.

It was amazing.

The paintings, the decor, the atmosphere that held power and sophistication.

"I'm sorry for all the questions, your highness." I say, after he's done explaining the history behind the throne and how everything came to be.

"I told you Cassandra, you can ask me anything."

"Just Cassie," I murmur shying away from his intense gaze and instead turning to run a hand across another painting.

"Cassie. Then I insist on being called Nolan."

"Nolan." I repeat, testing the name on my tongue as the words fly out of my mouth before I can put them straight back in. "This painting is beautiful."

"My mother painted that one."

"She was a painter?" I ask in awe, still eyeing the beautiful piece.

"Majority of the work you see around this side of the castle was my mother's doing."

I hum, titling my head a little to stare at it further. "She's much better than me that's for sure."