03

I turn around to see a small boy. I didn't recognize him. He's holding a ball. I inspect him. He looks like those preppy school boys. I cross my arms and shift my weight to one leg. I look at his ball and grab it. "HEY!" He yells pushing me to the ground. I hit my head hard against the pavement near the dugout. I wince in pain. "SHIT!" Yells Benny coming to grab me. I get up leaning against him to keep my balance. "Smalls what the fuck?!" Yells Ham. I smile. I look at the kid. I try my best to look like a bad ass. "So whos is this kid?" I ask. I still  continue to hold eye contact with the kid. He looked scared. "He's our latest addition to the team." Benny's says putting his arm on the kids shoulder. I nod. "Nice to have you on our team." I say shaking his hand. He laughs. "A girl playing baseball?! That's funyyyyy!" He says laughing. The whole crew gives him a gesture telling him to shut up. He gets the hold and stops laughing. "I play baseball shit head." I say swinging a bat onto my shoulder. He looks terrified. "Well she knows who I am. Who is she?" Smalls Asks. "I used to live here. These guys were my best friends. And now I'm back baby." I say winking. He blusheds. I look at my watch and bit my lip. "I should be getting home boys. But see ya later. I'm assuming the same time? 8 am?" I ask smiling. Denunez nods his head and fist bumps me. I smile and take off. Man nothing had changed.