05

I woke up bright and early like I used to. Such a long time ago. I put on a crop top and my jeans. I put on my PF Flyers and my baseball jersey. I grab my mitt and an extra ball and head out. I don't usually have to worry about saying bye to my mom since she an RN she is almost never home. I walk out taking in the light breeze and the fresh steamy air. I walk to the sandlot and see the boys all in the dugout. Ugh Smalls. I walk in and sit next to Benny as soon as smalls was about to. "Hey!" Smalls Says. I give him a look and get up and move. But as I got up I realized there wasn't any more spaces. I roll my eyes. I sit on the ground and take a big gulp of my pop. I look out to the field. "So how did your first day go?" Asks Yeah Yeah. I smile at him and say "it was ok I got to see Phillips too-" I say but I'm interrupted by Squints "you actually said hi to that two timing jerk?!" He yells out. I give him a confused look. Benny rolls his eyes. "She doesn't know what happened you idiot." He says. I give them all a confused look. I tried to get up but my jeans had gotten stuck on the gate and I was pulled right back down. Smalls got up and unhooked it. He looked at me and said "are you ok?". "Yea I'm fine Smalls.." I say. I hadn't realized how close he had gotten. Our faces were practically inches apart. It was weird that it didn't feel...well weird. He got up and sat back on the bench. Benny sat next to me on the floor and put his head on my shoulder. "Well ya see. Phillips after you left got cold and mean! He hates our guts and same to him and his goons" Says Yeah Yeah. I nod. "He was a good friend of ours growing up. I would at least like to keep saying hi to him when I see him." I tell them. It wasn't more of a statement but a question. They look at each other reluctantly then nod in agreement. I smile at them and hug Benny. I feel his heart begin to face inside his chest. I pull away "Benny are you ok? Your face got blushed and you heart is racing?" I ask putting my ear next to his chest. He makes a straight face and says "yea I'm fine." Yeah Yeah and squints and Denunez started whispering and laughing between one and other. I give them a confused look. And soon enough the whole sandlot crew except me and Benny and Smalls were talking and whispering and pointing at us three. Finally I had had enough of it. "What the hell is so funny?" I ask them. They all turn to me with evil grins. "Benny likes you!" Squints finally blurred out. They all started laughing. "Well I sure hope he likes me . We have been friends for almost fifteen years." I say chuckling. They all stop laughing and they give me an unamused look. "He like likes you stupid!"Says Denunez. "Hey!!!" Says Benny defensively. I laugh myself. I give Benny a hug and say "it's ok Benny man your a boy. Your gonna sooner or later have soft spots for girls." Benny smiles at me. I look at the guys and give them a look. "Go base up you blockheads!" I say. They all scramble out of there including Benny. It's just me and smalls left. He looks at me and pats my back. "Your cool for doing that for Benny." He says to me. I smile at him. "It's nothing". He chuckles and winks at me and leaves. Wtf. This kid had been nothing more but shy to me and the guys and he just winked at me?! Woah. Tough call.