Chapter 5

Carly

Wow. Marinette wasn't kidding when she said that Adrien was cutie. She saw Adrien walk in the bar while performing. Marinette was right, none of her new friends know her. They only know the little things, they don't know that she has depression or that she wrote music. I saw his face while she sang. I saw him mouth what the heck. I can't believe that she calls them friends. I noticed that while I was in my head I had arrived at the Dupin-Cheng bakery. I walked up and knocked on there door. When the door opened I saw a red-eyed Mari. I dropped my stuff and hugged her. I heard shuffling behind me. I turned and saw Sam looking at us confused. As soon as he saw Mari he joined the hug too. 

Marinette

I was sitting in my room crying. I was looking at all the photos on my phone and in my room. There were some with me, Carly, Sam, John and Rory all laughing. My favorite one is were John snorted into his milkshake and splashed it all over himself. I was comparing my smile, my smile was brighter with them V.S. with Alya, Nino and Adrien. I sat there listening to She Use to be Mine, from Waitress. 

It's not simple to say

That most days I don't recognize me
That these shoes and this apron
That place and it's patrons
Have taken more than I gave them
It's not easy to know
I'm not anything like I used to be
Although it's true
I was never attention's sweet center
I still remember that girl

She's imperfect but she tries
She is good but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help
She is messy but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up
And baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone but she used to be mine

I felt the tears flowing down my cheeks.I couldn't do anything. My life was so much easier back then. Now I have no one that cares. My parents support me but they know that I am not happy anymore. When Chloe's bullying got worse they offered to change schools. I always said no.

It's not what I asked for
Sometimes life just slips in through a back door
And carves out a person
And makes you believe it's all true
And now I've got you
And you're not what I asked for
If I'm honest I know I would give it all back
For a chance to start over
And rewrite an ending or two
For the girl that I knew

Who'll be reckless just enough
Who'll get hurt but
Who learns how to toughen up when she's bruised
And gets used by a man who can't love
And then she'll get stuck and be scared
Of the life that's inside her
Growing stronger each day
'Til it finally reminds her
To fight just a little
To bring back the fire in her eyes
That's been gone but it used to be mine

Used to be mine
She is messy but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone but she used to be mine

As the song finished, I heard a knock at my door. I hobbled down, the doctor took off my cast today and said that it was a slight fracture now so I could just use a boot. Thank you Tikki for your healing help. I opened the door and saw Carly with all her stuff. She must have seen my eyes because she dropped her stuff and hugged me, a couple minuets later Sam joined the hug. Soon we broke off and went inside. I could hear Bad Girl by Avril Lavigne blasting from my room. I hobbled up and turned it off. I knew Sam and Carly followed me. They saw the photos all over my room and frowned. They didn't ask any questions and gathered them up. I stopped as I picked up a picture of me and Sam, he was kissing my cheek. That day I realized I loved him I never wanted to admit it. I smiled, this is my favorite picture. I felt arms wrap around my waist, I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. His lips brushed my cheek "Hey your like a sister to me, I get to do this." He said as I laughed. "Are you ready for the addition tomorrow?" he asked.
"Yeah. I do have to go to school tomorrow and gather all the things I will miss tomorrow." I said. They nodded there heads.we all turned our heads to the sound of the door opening and closing downstairs in the living room. Then someone shouted
"MARCO!!"
John..."POLO!!!" We called back. John and Rory climbed up and sat next to me and Sam. We sat in silence till I heard a knock on my trap door...on the roof. My face paled. I walked over and climbed up to the hatch. When I opened it I saw Wolfiena and Chat. Crap. I climbed up and waited for them to notice I was there. Chat was the first one to notice.
"Hey Princess, can you tell the dog to leave please. I want to talk to you." 
"Mari, please. I want to see you catch up." 
I shook my head. "Sorry guys I have company over."
Chat was the first to ask "Who?"
"Some friends of mine I haven't seen in a long time." I smirked at Mady, which she returned
"What are there names?" Mady asked
"Carly, John, Sam and Rory. Now please leave. I have an addition to prepare for." 

With that I climbed back inside and closed the hatch. I looked at my friends seated in a circle whispering to each other. I snuck-up behind them and whispered "So I was thinking..." They jumped three feet and then some.  I grabbed my stomach and doubled over. I couldn't contain it. Before I could get up they pounced on me and started to tickle me. I started squealing and laughing. 
"P-P-Ple-Please st-o-o-op-stop!!" I said between breaths and laughing fits
"Sorry Mari, it's payback."Rory said
"You scare us we attack you." Carly declared.
I suddenly got a hold of myself and attacked them with pillows. "Ok guys we need rehurse please. I want to nail this addition."

"Ok" They all said after what feels like forever of practice we fell asleep.

The next morning I was awoken with a bottle of water on the face. I started spitting and coughing. I looked around and saw everyone else up but me. I looked at the clock, 7:45, crap. I got up and rushed to my bathroom and changed and grabbed my bag and went downstairs putting my hair in its signature pigtails. Everyone was waiting on me so I grabbed my bag off the counter said good bye to Carly, John, Rory and Sam and headed for school. When I got there Adrien, Alya, Nino and...Lila were standing on the stairs talking. I stopped dead in my tracks, his arm was wrapped around his waist. I frowned and walked into the building without them seeing me. I walked up to my teacher and explained why I won't be in class and grabbed my homework and walked out. I saw Lila kiss Adrien and smile, he didn't seem to mind which broke my heart even more. I left and didn't look back.

When I got to the auditorium where the addition was being held, I signed in and started to practice. I decided to perform a song that Mady always told me to do, I would tell other people the same good advice she gave me. The song is called, Who Knows. I put an ear bud in and practiced with the music in the background. I ran through the song three times before it was my turn.
"Marinette Dupin-Cheng, we are ready for you."
I took a breath and walked out. I held the microphone up to my mouth and introduced myself. "Hi, my name is Marinette Dupin-Cheng. I will be singing an original song. I hope you enjoy."

"Yeah, Yeah
Yeah, Yeah
Why do you look so familiar
I could swear that I
have seen your face before
I think I like that you seem sincear
I think I'd like to get to know you a little bit more
I think there's something more
Life's worth living for

Who knows what could happen
Do what you do,
Just keep on laughing
one things true, there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day

Yeah, Yeah
Yeah, yeah

How do you always have an opinion
And how do you always find the best way to compromise
We don't need to have a reason
we don't need anything,
were just waisting time
I think there's something more
life's worth living for

Who knows what could happen
Do what you do,
Just keep on laughing
one things true, there's always a brand new day
Who knows what could happen
Do what you do,
Just keep on laughing
one things true, there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day

Find yourself, couz I can't find you
Be yourself (Who are you)
Find yourself, couz I can't find you
Be yourself (Who are you)

Who knows what couldhappen
Do what you do,
Just keep on laughing
one things true, there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day

So you go make it happen
Do your best just keep on laughing
I'm tell'n you, there's always a brand new day

Who knows what could happen
Do what you do,
Just keep on laughing
one things true, there's always a brand new day
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day

When I finished my song, I heard applause and whistles. I walked off the stage and smiled. I can't believe I did that. I was bombarded by my friends. 
"Mari, you were great. When did write that one?" They asked
"After I met you guys. I didn't even know I had it till you guys came over."
"Really? I didn't know that. Guess we learned something new."Rory stated
"Ms. Dupin-Cheng, I am one of the Judges and I want to personally congratulate you on making it into the school. Your scholarship will be mailed to you by the end of the week. So you must get your transcripts from your old one. Now You will need to come to the school and get a tour and classes assigned. Please let your parents know that you have been accepted. Lastly welcome to Singing of the Century."