Four (AP)

"Oh thank god," Bailey said, "he parked close to the front."

I laughed.

We had just gotten through the hospital doors and we standing at the brink of the parking lot.

"How can you tell," I asked.

Bailey laughed and pointed to a red truck, "He can't park for shit."

I laughed as I saw the truck's wheels weren't even close to being in the lines.

"You know," Bailey said as we walked and I looked down at her.

"What," I asked as I clicked the unlock button for the truck doors.

"I'm surprised Carter didn't freak when he met you," she said and I stopped in my tracks.

"What?"

Bailey turned her head to look at me when she realized that I wasn't walking with her any more and laughed.

"Come on, Austin, you're not exactly hard to recognize," she said, "especially when your face is your album cover."

"You know me," I asked dumbly.

"Yeah," Bailey said like it wasn't a big deal, "now help me get in this damn thing. I can't jump up to the seat with a broken leg."

I blinked, still shocked that they knew who I was but kept treating me like normal.

"Austin," Bailey said and I snapped my attention to her.

She had somehow gotten right in front of me when I zoned out.

"Sorry," I said and tried my best to ignore the fact that this girl knew who I was but wasn't asking me for things like everyone else does.

Bailey shook her head with a smile on her face, "Come on, Carter's going to be fifty by the time we get home."

"Right," I said and walked to the truck.

"Coming," I asked as I saw Bailey standing where we just were.

"Thought I was," she said and swayed back and forth, looking nervous, "I guess it was easier to want to get in the car before I stopped."

I looked from the truck to the blonde then opened the truck door.

"Come on, we'll go slow and avoid all the highways," I suggested.

Bailey nodded and took a deep breath before hobbling over to me.

"How do we want to do this?"

"We don't," Bailey muttered and I looked down at her.

"Fine," she said and got as close to the truck as possible and leaned the crutches against the back door.

"What now," I asked.

"Fuck if I know," Bailey said and I chuckled.

"What if we push the seat back really far and try and get you in that way," I suggested.

"Sure, we can try that," Bailey said and hopped on one foot to turn and face the truck. She reached over and tried to push the seat back.

She wobbled and my hands automatically went to her waist.

"It's harder than it seems on one leg," Bailey said when she saw me trying to hide a smile.

"I'll believe you," I said and reached around her to push the seat back with ease. My chest was against her back and I could feel her hair tickling my neck.

"Show off," she said and hopped forward again to grab onto the handle on the inside of the truck above the door.

"On three," I asked and she nodded.

I counted down and lifted her into the truck slowly, trying to be careful of her leg.

"That was so much work," Bailey said and grabbed the seat belt, "I should have just laid in the truck bed."

"It wasn't horrible," I said and carefully shut the door and walked around the front of the truck.

I smiled when I got to the other side of the truck and saw the blonde sitting in the passenger seat.

It was a nice view.

I opened the door and climbed inside.

"Ready," I asked with the keys hovering right by the ignition.

"Just do it," she said and I turned the key.

The engine roared to life and I looked over to see Bailey fidgeting with the hair time that was on her wrist.

I put the truck in reverse and pulled out of the spot.

Shifting into drive, I looked back at Bailey.

"Would talking help," I asked and put my eyes back on the road.

"Probably," she said.

"What's your favorite song," I asked.

Bailey laughed, "In general?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Probably anything by Bob Dylan," Bailey responded.

I smiled, "Favorite album?"

"Blood on the Tracks," Bailey said immediately.

"You have good taste," I responded.

She laughed.

"What about modern stuff," I asked.

"I have a hard time keeping up with what's going on these days, so give me a minute to think," she said.

Bailey stayed quiet for a moment and I snuck a glance over at her to see her still thinking. I smiled and turned my eyes back to the road.

"Is NSYNC still a thing?"

We were at a stop light, thank god, because I slammed on the breaks and turned to look at Bailey.

I was in shock.

She was laughing.

"God, Austin," she said in between giggles, "I was joking."

I sighed and shook my head at the girl.

"Unbelievable."

Bailey just laughed harder.

"I'm a Charlie Puth fan," she said.

I nodded and the light turned green, "So, a pop fan?"

"I'll listen to anything," she said, "I listen to your stuff too."

"Really," I asked and tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

"Well at first, it was just Carter blasting it from his room," Bailey said and I chuckled, "but after a while the songs kept getting stuck in my head."

"So," I asked, "I'm curious, what's your favorite?"

"Feeling Whitney," Bailey said confidently, like she was expecting me to ask the question at some point.

Her answer, however, surprised me. "Really?"

Bailey nodded, "Yeah, you sound shocked."

"I am," I admitted.

"You have a really good voice, Austin," Bailey said and I blushed. "Your other songs don't show it off as much as that one does. You can hear your emotions in it and it's refreshing."

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"Of course," Bailey said and we sat in silence for a moment.

"Hey Austin," Bailey said and I looked over quickly, "turn left up here."

Car Crash {Post Malone}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara