Thirteen (AP)

It was about ten o'clock in the morning and I was already exhausted. 

I had just finished a few radio interviews but one had been postponed for a few hours so I had a break before I had to go to that interview then into the studio. 

I pulled up into the driveway, just wanting to be back in the comfort of my own space for a while, and turned off the ignition.

I wonder how Bailey is doing, if she's awake yet, and as I sat in the car for a few moments, I concidered asking her if she wanted to come with me for the rest of the day. 

Shaking my head, I climbed out of the car and decided to just walk in to the house and stop worrying about what she might say. It was okay if she didn't want to come, clearly she didn't sign up for this so I couldn't expect her to want to join me. 

I walked up the drive way and opened the door to see Branson running across the hall with a red ball in his mouth. Normally he stops and greets me at the door but I guess now that Bailey's here, that might change. 

I chuckled to myself and shut the door.

"Bailey," I called out as I walked inside. 

"Hey," she yelled back and I followed her voice to the kitchen. 

At first I didn't see her but I looked down and found her laying on the floor.

"What the fuck are you doing on the ground," I asked with a laugh. 

"You don't normally lay on the ground," she asked and tossed the slobbery ball for the dog. 

"Can you not get up," I asked and she sighed.

"I can get up, if I really wanted to," she said and I smiled while shaking my head in disbelief. 

"Okay," I said and turned around, "I'll leave you to it." 

"Wait," she called out and I turned back around with a smile, "I might need some help." 

I laughed and walked over to her and grabbed her hands to pull her up on her good leg, "How are you feeling? Did you fall over?" 

She put her soft hands in mine and I pulled her up into my chest, keeping one hand in hers and putting the other on her waist as she tested her weight and balance. 

Bailey groaned and covered her face with her hands, "Yeah."

Her responce was muffled and I could see her face turning a light shade of pink. 

"Why did you fall," I asked and took a small step away from her, moving my hand off of her waist even though it felt so right to have it there.

"I tried to get the sugar down for my coffee and slipped," she explained, "stupid fuzzy socks." 

I tried my best to contain my laughter, "Are you hurt?"

"Just my pride."

"Would coming out with me today make you feel better," I asked, "we can stop at Starbucks on the way."  

Bailey smiled, "Where are we going?" 

"Radio interview then to the studio," I responded.

"Sure," Bailey said, "let me get my shoes and put my hair up." 

As she walked away I looked at what she was wearing. It was nothing fancy, just a large t-shirt that was riding up from the crutches and a pair of exercise shorts, but she looked amazing to me. 

It was so refreshing to have someone be so real around me, everyone in L.A. seemed the same. Just focused on how they looked on the outside instead of who they are on the inside.