Nineteen

Bailey held her breath as she heard Austin stand up and walk to the back of the cabin.

She knew her cheeks were bright pink and she could almost feel her skin burning. Her heart was pounding in her chest so hard she swore she could feel her ribs jolt under the pressure. It felt like her brain was short circuiting and her lungs stopped functioning.

At first, she thought Austin needed something from her when he called out her name. When his raspy voice moaned out her name, her heart skipped a beat.

It has been a long time since she had heard her name said that way but she couldn't remember it ever sounding sexier.

She desperately wanted to know what Austin was dreaming of because she knew, in that moment, that she wanted to hear him say her name like that again.

They hadn't even truly kissed but by the sounds of it, Austin wanted to go further than just kissing on the couch.

Now with the memory of Austin moaning in pleasure repeatedly playing in her mind, distracting her from basic human functions - such as breathing, she wanted to too.

She thought back to their moment on the couch and her lips remembered the tingling sensation that Austin's left on hers.

Bailey wondered what his lips would feel like truest moving against hers. She knew he had much more experience than her and she could only imagine what how good of a kisser he was.

With a sigh, Bailey shifted and sat up. She had to get those thoughts out of her head before he came back.

Bailey rubbed her face in an attempt to seem more awake when Austin walked back in.

He saw the pink stained on her cheeks but dismissed her flustered state as just having woken up.

"Hey sleepyhead," Austin said.

Bailey looked up and she tried to keep her heart beat regular when the thoughts about Austin popped back into her head at the sound of her voice.

"Hi," Bailey said slowly, "how far away are we?"

"I think we've got about an hour left," he responded after checking the time.

"Oh."

"Are you going to go back to sleep?"

Bailey shook her head, "Want to come sit with me and we can watch a few episodes of The Office? I have some saved on my laptop."

Austin smiled, "Sure."

When he sat down and wrapped his arms around Bailey's waist, she blushed again and knew it would be hard keeping this just friends.

Of course she wanted to act on her feelings but they were living together. He had been kind enough to offer so much to her and her brother, she didn't want to take any chances.

What if what she had heard was just coincidence.

What if it was just another wet dream that he wouldn't remember and that didn't actually mean what he really felt.

What if he just wanted to hook up but didn't want anything else.

She couldn't risk it.

All she could risk was thinking about it and even at that she would be in trouble if people knew that she was doing that.

Bailey quickly logged into her computer and pulled up her Netflix account.

Starting the next episode she leaned back slightly and reveled in the warmth Austin provided.

His fingers absentmindedly traced circles on her thighs as the theme song started playing.

Bailey smiled and relaxed into Austin's arms.

Even though she knew she couldn't act on her feelings that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy Austin's hands on tendencies.

As the show played, Austin noticed how Bailey seemed distracted, she didn't laugh during the funny parts and seemed still.

"Bailes?"

Bailey looked back at Austin, who had paused the episode.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

Bailey nodded, "Sorry. I was just thinking."

"About the track meet today," Austin asked.

She nodded even though she had really been entranced by Austin who had been gently rubbing her thigh as one arm rested over her shoulder and on her stomach.

She was surprised Austin couldn't feel her erratic heartbeat or the butterflies in her stomach.

"You told me Carter's really good at this," Austin said.

"Right."

"You've got nothing to worry about then," Austin said, "he'll do great."

"I hope so."

Austin leaned forward and kissed the top of Bailey's head.

"Don't stress about it."

Breathlessly Bailey responded, "Okay."

If he couldn't feel her heart beat before, she was sure he could now.

(A/N: Happy Valentine's Day!)