Eleven (AP)

I walked out of the recording booth after finishing the vocals for one of the new songs and I looked to the couch and didn't see Bailey which was concerning.

I turned to my two guys, "Where'd she go," I asked.

"Bathroom," Dre said and I nodded.

"Man," Smitty asked, "what's up with her?"

"What do you mean," I said and leaned against the door frame.

"She seems different," he said.

I didn't have to think about it that hard, she was different but it was refreshing.

"She wasn't nosey or anything," Dre commented, "she just kept typing away and bobbing her head to the beat."

I shrugged, from what I had already learned about Bailey, that seemed right.

"She's very down to earth," I said and the two guys laughed.

"That's an understatement," Dre said.

I was going to reply but the door quickly flew open with a grunt and Bailey hopped inside, using one of the crutches to keep the door from closing on her.

"Fuck this cast," she said as the door slammed shut behind her.

"Everything okay," I asked with a smile, trying not to laugh at the dramatics.

She huffed and collapsed on the couch, "You're lucky you can stand to pee, do you know how hard it is to go to the bathroom in this thing." she said angerly.

I couldn't help but laugh and she glared at me, shaking her head.

"I hate you for laughing," she said and spread out on the couch, laying down.

"Sorry Bailey," I said happily and she just waved a hand at me.

"So Bailey," Dre said and Bailey turned her head to look at us sideways, "what is going on with you and Post? You fucking?"

I could feel my cheeks turn red and I glared at Dre who just kept looking at the girl on the couch.

I heard Bailey laugh and looked over to her sheepishly. Instead of being embarrassed Bailey was laying on the couch giggling her head off.

"I literally just met Austin," Bailey said once she stopped laughing, "his Dad was in the other car involved in the accident."

"Well shit," Dre said and Bailey laughed again.

"Sorry for assuming," Dee said quickly and Bailey waved him off.

"Don't worry about it," she said and sat up.

"Alright," I said, clearing my throat, "are we good for today? We have to get home and get Bailey moved in."

Dre just smirked and pushed his chair back from the sound board, "Sure thing."

I smiled, relieved that we were done, it had been a long day between the plane ride and the hours in the recording booth. Plus, I was worried about what those two would say to Bailey next.

"You ready," I asked and she nodded, grabbing her backpack from the ground.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand," she said and stood up.

"When will I see you tomorrow," I asked my crew.

"Tomorrow you have a few radio interviews in the morning then you have a short break before you have to come back here," Dre said and I nodded.

"Got it," I said and started heading to the door.

"Have a fun night, you two," Smitty said and I glared at him as I pulled the door open.

"See you later," Bailey called over her shoulder, ignoring my friend.

We walked slowly out of the building and I looked down at Bailey as we walked, "Sorry about those two," I said.

Bailey shook her head with a smile on her face, "Seriously, Austin, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure," I asked.

"Completely sure," she said, "they're just being harmless. Embarrassing, sure, but harmless."

I groaned, "You got the embarrassing part right."

She giggled again.

"So, do you get driven everywhere?"

I looked up and noticed that the car had arrived for us.

"Not always," I said and opened the door for her when we got close to the car.

"Thanks," she said and climbed inside.

I grabbed the crutches and followed her in the car.

Luckily, the car ride wasn't too long, while we were driving through L.A. we had left before rush hour started.

"This is it," I said as we pulled into my neighborhood.

My cars were out in the driveway and the lawn was surprisingly still green.

"Holy shit," Bailey said as the car stopped.

I opened the door and we climbed out.

"This is insane," she said.

"Come on, let's get inside," I said and walked to the front door.

I grabbed my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door.

As we stepped inside the house, the sound of pattering paws hitting tile got louder and louder.

"Oh my god," Bailey said, "you have a puppy."

I laughed at Bailey's excitement.

"Help me sit down so I can pet it," she said quickly while practically bouncing up and down.

"Okay, crazy pants, calm down so you don't get more hurt," I said but she ignored my advice and handed me her crutches.

I sighed but set them against the wall and helped her sit down on the tile floor.

My puppy saw her sit down and came bounding over to her, licking her face. She giggled as she pet the little monster.

"He likes you," I said, "I haven't seen him take a liking to someone as much as she does you."

"It's because we're both adorable," she said and pulled the dog onto her lap.

I smiled, "Naturally."

I watched as the two got to know each other and realized that I was happier than I had been in a while all because I was watching a virtual stranger on the floor play with my new puppy.

"So," I said, "maybe moving in with me wasn't such a bad idea after all."

Bailey laughed.

"Maybe not."