Five

"What did I get myself into," Bailey asked herself at the bottom of the stairs.

Austin laughed from next to her but quickly stopped when she glared at him.

"Stay behind me in case I fall," Bailey said and started the ascent.

It was slow, painful, and both young adults were out of breath by the time they got up the four flights.

"Why the hell," Bailey asked catching her breath, "are you out of breath too?"

Austin rubbed the back of his neck, "I was stressed so I held my breath for most of the way up."

Bailey shook her head and lightly blushed.

"Such a worry wort," she said and they laughed.

"Which are you," Austin asked and looked at the apartment building in front of him.

"At the end of the hall," Bailey said and led the way to her home.

Pushing open the unlocked door, Bailey saw the apartment all in boxes, sealed up for transportation.

She carefully walked into the apartment and looked around her. The photos were off of the wall and sitting on the kitchen counters and the cabinets were all empty.

"Oh, hey," Carter said as he walked in the room with a large brown box.

"Did you do all of this," Bailey asked in awe.

Carter shrugged, "Max and Jay helped."

"I'm going to go call their parents and invite the boys out to dinner as a thank you."

"I also called the landlord about the lease and the bakery about you leaving. Margaret said you can transfer your work at the tech company to online so you can keep that job out in California," Carter said.

"You're the best," Bailey said with a smile.

Carter smiled as his sister hobbled out on to the balcony.

Calling out to her, Carter said, "I'll take Austin to your room so he can help you pack your things."

Bailey was already on the phone but she sent her brother a thumbs up as the line rang.

"Come on," Carter said and Austin pushed himself off of the wall.

The two guys walked down the hallway and anticipation built in Austin as they got closer to the room marked with a large lavender B.

"Listen," Carter said as he opened the door, "I'm really grateful that you're helping my sister."

"Yeah, man, of course," Austin said.

"There are some things we need to talk about," Carter said.

"What's that," Austin asked.

"Take a seat," Carter said and Austin pulled the desk chair out and sat down quickly.

Carter sighed, "Bailey is stubborn, she thinks she can do everything, okay and she won't ask for help until it's too late."

Austin nodded, paying attention to the teenager in front of him.

"If she starts watching Mamma Mia nonstop, then either something's wrong or she's on her period. If she's on her period, she needs sour gummy bears and hot chocolate, if not you're going to be going through hell with her."

Austin nodded, "Got it. Mamma Mia equals bad."

"She loves it and it is just about the only movie that's guaranteed to cheer her up. If she's listening to Charlie Puth's See You Again, then she's in a really bad mood and will need a hug even if she pushes you away," Carter explained.