Friendship is Understanding

So I knew all her fears and insecurities but what I didn't know was this horribly tragic thing that happened.

And I asked,"So what's this incredibly tragic thing that happened?" almost too comfortably for the subject.

"I don...tell you about it," she told me.

"You can tell me anything," I said, trying to make her feel comfortable.

"Fine. There was a night where I was out at the barn and I saw something I shouldn't have. I saw greater things than a human eye should see. I saw what I call 'grace' because the things told me grace over and over. I don't know what it means exactly but I know it kind of means to be beautiful on the inside or something like that."

'Whatever she saw was telling her something and I plan to find out more about it,' I was thinking to myself. I guess I was thinking so hard that I didn't hear the second half of the story other than the graces lived in downtown New York City.

So I planned to travel to New York. I booked a flight from ol' countryside to the big city. The change was going to be tremendously different.

"I don't understand one thing, though," I said to Elisabeth, her thinking hard about the graces now too.

"What don't you understand?" she asked, concerned.

"How is this a incredibly tragic event?"

"They gave me special abilities. I could hear what you were thinking about my insecurities and worries and my grace problems and I know more about yourself than you do," she told me because she felt like I needed to know.

"So what am I thinking about now then?" I asked her, full of doubt.

"You're thinking about me and you going to the park and me running away," she said.

'That was completely correct!!!" I thought, forgetting that she could hear me.

"That's not correct in the tiniest bit," I told Elisabeth.

"Yes it was. I could hear you saying it was correct from my brain waves connecting with yours," she said, which made me believe the moment I heard her.

Ok. So my friend has special abilities which takes some understanding.

I got a little more of a description on the graces and it turns out that they look like gigantic fairies with sparkly, chrystalized wings fluttering by as if there were glass around
you, making you feel trapped. That's why one of Elizabeth's fears are claustrophobia.