New York At Last

Trust me-it took forever to get to New York City from the rural countryside. But it was worth it if it meant figuring out my friend's tragedy. Even though I don't understand how it's exactly a tragedy. But I still went.

On the third day of New York City, my hotel was rated 2 stars out of 10 because I could barely scrounge up the money to go, let alone get a 10 star hotel. Anyway, I saw signs of the graces around downtown New York because that's where they were said to be.

On the downside, lots of people suspected me as a criminal after looking down alleyways, digging in dumpsters, and emptying out spray cans, looking for the graces. I called Elizabeth's mom to ask if I could talk to Elisabeth.

She said,"Hold on, let me get her."

That's when I saw them. Flying above a skyscraper. They were large enough to hold me, or a horse. I don't understand why no one else was seeing them and freaking out, but I started running towards them in a frantic rush. Trying to get there was the hard part. I kept running. Thinking about the safety of Elisabeth. I started running faster. Panting frantically, pushing people aside, and keeping my pace best I could.

I ran up the stairs of the skyscraper, believing that the stairs would be faster, seeing the line for the elevator. People staring at me, me pushing them aside. I didn't care what people thought...until one called the police thinking I was drunk or on drugs. Faster, I though, FASTER! I finally made it to the top in a frenzy of panting, and jumped on one of the graces back off the edge of the skyscraper.

It wasn't an animate object. I flew straight through the grace. It looked back, though, somehow feeling my movement through its back. Down I flew, looking up at the graces and thought about how I've failed Elisabeth. "ELISABETH!" I yelled and one of the graces heard me and flew down towards me. I had thought it was going to push me down further and faster or kill me then and there.

But next thing I know, I'm soaring through the air. I feel like I'm going mad because beneath me is a fairy-like creature with clear, chrystalized wings looking cracked. Making me feel trapped.

I knew then that I haven't failed Elisabeth yet. I still had a chance to prove that I'm not a complete failure.