hold me close

"Hey brother, I have a science question for you" Taylor said, as she used the phone in Joyce's house

It had been another long day at the hospital, and now she was at the Byer's house with a bunch of kids, Jim and Joyce. This time, she came prepared with coffee and food.
"Can this wait?" Scott replied, with a sigh. She knew he was probably on a date, but this was life or death.
"No, I need to know now. It's for a patient of mine" She said, lying quite easily. Jim had to stop a smile on showing on his face because of how proud he was at her skills.

After Scott gave her the information, the "teams" spread out to get the supplies. Her job was to be with Eleven and get her prepped for the bath, raiding the chemistry lab rooms for supplies for her.
"This will keep it dark for you, just like in your bathtub" Taylor said, as she got a pair of goggles and taped them up to be blind.
Eleven looked so scared still, and Taylor realized it was probably best Joyce didn't help her because Joyce was already as panicked about Will and couldn't provide the best comforting support to Eleven. Taylor sat cross legged on the floor in front of Eleven, and held her hands.
"You're a very brave girl. You know that, don't you?" Taylor said, looking at her. "Everything you're doing, for Will and Barbara, even though those bad men are there looking for you, you're so strong"
Eleven looked around uncomfortably, and Taylor gave her hands a tight squeeze, causing Eleven to look back at her.
"Listen, I am going to be there with you the whole time. And if it ever gets too scary, in that place, you just let me know, okay? I promise you I will be here the whole time. I'll hold your hand or whatever you want me to do" Taylor said, and Eleven nodded nervously.
"Yes" She said, and Taylor brought the girl into her arms for a hug, rubbing her back.
"Ready?" Taylor asked, after a few minutes.
"Ready" Eleven said, and holding her hand tightly, the pair walked back to the gym.

As everyone else set up the kiddie pool, Taylor held Eleven in her arms while sitting on the bleachers. Jim watched Taylor comforting the girl, rubbing her back and giving her affirmations that everything would be ok. It surprisingly made him turned on to see her in such a motherly role.

When everything was ready, she gave the girl a tight hug, before giving her the goggles and helping her into the pool. Staring at Eleven while she floated, Taylor grew nervous and grabbed Jim's hand tightly. He looked down at her, and could see the nervousness present. She had bonded with the child, Jim realized, not knowing if this was going to be good or not.

Eleven started screaming about Barb, and Taylor instantly tried to calm her down, which actually seemed to work. However, then she found Will, and Eleven had to get out of there. As soon as eleven 'woke up" Taylor wrapped a towel around her, and rocked her back and forth in her arms. Eleven seemed so scared, but was comforted by Taylor's warmth.
"Everything's going to be ok" Taylor whispered to the girl, as Dustin, Mike and Lucas all seemed to start crowding around them. She left Eleven with the group, after giving her a kiss on the forehead, and saw Jim getting into his car, while Joyce was talking with Jonathan.

"Oh hell no you're not coming with me" Jim said, as he saw Taylor just get in the car without talking to him. Taylor raised an eyebrow.
"That's funny, you don't really have a choice" Taylor said, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.
"Oh yes. You're not coming. You're staying here and keeping safe. You need to keep them safe" Jim said, as he opened the door, picked her up and slung her over his shoulder and put her back in the gym with the kids.
"Fine" Taylor stated, rolling her eyes.

As soon as Joyce and Jim left, she found Jonathan and Nancy leaving as well. She sighed, and wandered over to where the kids were.

"Okay, now I know you all want to help, but I need you all to remain by me. Chief and Will's Mom have left, and so have Jonathan and Nancy. I need to always see you, in case anything happens. Understand?" Taylor said, trying to be stern. This wasn't in her usual nature, but things were different now. The kids nodded their heads.

After the kids decided to go get some pudding, Taylor was on the lookout for anyone. She had a bad gut feeling about this. Something wasn't right. As the kids all talked amongst themselves, with Will and Eleven having their moment, she looked out the window.
Here Taylor was, stuck with a bunch of kids that weren't her own, while her... sexual companion was with another woman trying to save her son. Taylor didn't even know if her brother knew where she was.

"Kids, move! Now" She said, as she saw all the Staties - as Jim fondly called them - swarming the middle school. "They found us. You move now" She said frantically, as they all ran. Luckily, Taylor remembered she had a gun. Starting to fire at all them, trying to protect the kids, unfortunately when the kids were cornered, so was she.

When Eleven collapsed, Taylor ran over to her, wrapping her in her arms and holding her tightly. There were tears streaming down her face now, and as soon as the doctors came, she wouldn't release the death grip she had on the child.
"No!" She said, as they tried to peal her off of her. "No! You take her, you take me too"
"Fine, let her be. We'll take her too" Dr. Brenner said, ordering the officers to stop pulling her off. Taylor let out a deep breath, as Brenner began talking to Eleven. Eleven slowly opened her eyes, seeing her friends held by security guards, and then Taylor still holding onto her.

"I promised to never leave you alone" Taylor whispered into the child's ear, petting the girl's hair, as Brenner began to talk to Eleven. Eleven held Taylor's hand tightly, as there was an echoing noise coming.

"Blood" Eleven said, as all the kids realized that the 'demogorgon' was coming. Taylor picked up Eleven, as soon as they heard it, and while the officers and Brenner were distracted by the thing coming through the wall, Taylor carried Eleven and ran with the children to an empty classroom.

Laying her on the desk, Taylor let Eleven rest for a bit. She looked at the girl and sighed, wiping the girl's face of the blood.

"You might not be my daughter, but I love you, okay? I will always be there for you" She said, kissing the top of the girl, before going to arm the door.

"Okay, get your weapons out. That thing's coming" Taylor said, as she began to try and block the door. She did as much as she could, before the monster came barging through.

Shooting the monster with the last rounds of ammunition she had left, Taylor began backing up, as the kids watched this woman try her best to fight it.

Unfortunately, the demogorgon picked her up and slammed her against the wall. The kids started attacking it with sling shot rocks, but it was no use or even a distraction for the monster. As it began to stick it's 'tongue' just a bit inside of Taylor, Eleven used her powers to rip the monster away and began to kill it.

Taylor couldn't move, her head heavy from the hit to the wall, when Eleven was about to kill the monster along with the monster.

"Eleven..." Taylor said, as she locked eyes with the child.
"I love you too, Mama" Eleven said. "Goodbye Mike" She said, before disappearing with the monster into thin air.

And then, the world was black for Taylor.