will's new friend

"Taylor, honey, please wake up" I said, as we followed lab trucks and Joyce's car to Hawkins lab

"Taylor, honey, please wake up" I said, as we followed lab trucks and Joyce's car to Hawkins lab. Mike and Will had come with Bob and Joyce, to find us, but now that Will was acting strange, Joyce was with him. I looked over, saw her opening her eyes, and reached over and grabbed her hand. Trying to concentrate on both the road and her, I squeezed her hand, as she took in her surroundings.

"Jim, what... oh gosh" she said, as I saw her reaction to remembering. "Where are we going?"
"Joyce and Bob came and found us, and now we're going to Hawkins lab because Will had some reaction when they were firing down there supposedly" I said, as I pulled into the lab parking lot.

Taylor's POV

As soon as we stepped into Hawkin's lab, Jim and I were forced to strip and hosed down like animals. We were given hospital gowns, analyzed, and waited on a bench in a cold room. They spent a bit more time on me, as I had whispered to a nurse about my 'condition' - telling them explicitly to not tell Hopper - but that meant more tests for me. In the room, we each got buckets, as we both puked out our guts.

"Did you mean it?" I asked, as I looked over at Hopper, before puking again in the bucket.
"Huh?" He asked.
"Did you mean what you said down there? That we'd get married?" I asked.
"Yes. A hundred percent" He said, before puking. "I've wanted to marry you for a while. I just... never found a good time to propose"
"Jim, I-"

"All right, cowboys, good news" Dr. Owens interrupted, as he waltzed in. I puked again in the bucket, and Jim rubbed my back as he stared annoyed at the doctor. "We're giving you the green light. How're you feeling?" 
"Never better" Jim said, as he gave a sarcastic smile and I just glared. Well, until I puked again.
"All right, well got a present for ya" He said, as another guy held a white package in his hand.
"The hell is that?" Jim asked. I caught a glimpse before puking again. Jim went back to rubbing my back.
"Something you should see... well maybe only Jim should see" Dr. Owen said, as he looked a bit more worriedly at me. I raised an eyebrow, stating with my facial expression for him to keep his mouth shut about me bing pregnant. 
"I can manage" I said, taking the white hazmat suit and putting it on, alongside Jim.

We were led down to where the 'upside down viewing chamber' - as I like to call it- was, and stepped inside. We were led onto a platform, and I held Jim's hand tightly, as they lowered us down further into the ground. 

What we saw was... indescribable. It was a larger, glowing red, gate. 

"All living organisms develop defense mechanisms against attack" Dr Owens stated, as Jim and I just stared at the thing, completely gobsmacked. "They adapt. They find some way to survive" 
"Oh my god" I said, as we got to the ground, and saw all the tunnels it formed underneath. 
"Why aren't you burning it?" Jim asked.
"There's a complication" he began to explain, and soon we were led back up.

We got back into regular scrubs, like I wore at work, and were instantly sent to Will's room. I huddled into Jim's side, holding him tight as if he were to vanish at any moment.