//10//

they made their way to the children's house.

the two boys continued to walk the children home safely, and somehow minho ended up with the little girl on his shoulders while jisung carried the boy.

while walking, the little boy continued to talk to jisung about all the animals he could name, excitedly showing that he could replicate the noises each one made.

jisung listened and continued to be impressed that he knew so many.

meanwhile the little girl kicked her legs on minho's shoulders, while she started playing with his hair.

"your hair is so pretty!" she smiled, wriggling her fingers in minho's dark locks.

minho laughed a little. "really? you think so?" he asked, and the girl nodded.

"i'm gonna make you have apple hair!" she happily declared, which made her brother flail in jisung's arms.

"no fair! i wanna do your hair too," he looked up at jisung, pouting as jisung laughed a bit.

he carefully placed the boy on his shoulders too, "there you go." he smiled as the boy started to shove his tiny fingers through his hair.

minho snorted while looking at jisung. "this went to intense fighting to braiding so quickly." he joked, making jisung giggle a bit.

"i know right."

they continued to walk until they made it to the house, where the porch lights were on and the couple were standing there on the porch.

immediately after seeing them, the mother quickly ran up to them.

"mommy!" they both shouted happily, as minho and jisung put them down so they could run up to their parents.

"oh thank goodness you're okay!" she had tears in her eyes as she hugged her children close to her.

"thank you boys so much, the police let us know what you did. is there any possible way to repay you?" the father asked, smiling gratefully.

jisung smiled and quickly shook his hand. "no, no it's okay! we're just glad they're safe.

"oh, honey did you get hurt?" the mother pointed to jisung face, to which he quickly shook his head again.

"i'm totally okay. don't worry, please. we should be heading back now, right?" jisung looked over to minho who nodded.

"thank you for everything." the father thanked and bowed slightly.

the two kids wriggled out of their parents grasp and ran up to the two boys to engulf them in a hug.

"thank you!" they both wobbled out with tears in their eyes, sad to see them go.

they laughed and hugged them back- and after a few more words to the parents and an exchange of phone numbers (the parents insisted so one day they could treat the boys) minho and jisung started on their way home.

however the second they turned the corner minho immediately sat jisung down on a bench.

"you're not okay, what happened? what did he do?" minho flooded jisung with questions, as he checked his face all over- catching jisung a bit by surprise.

"min i'm okay-"

"let me see your neck," he angled jisung's head up, worry eyes scanning his neck.

the red marks hadn't even faded, and minho couldn't even imagine how hard that guy must've had his hands around jisung's neck.

actually, it angered him that the guy had the audacity to do that.

"you're still bleeding ji.." minho gently touched jisung cut on his cheek, making the younger cringe a bit.

minho looked down to jisung's hands- and even if it was just for a moment- he swore he saw jisung's hands shaking before he shoved them in his pocket.

but jisung smiled as minho sat down next to him- sighing from what was most likely stress.

"we did a good thing." jisung seemed to be unfazed about his condition, nudging minho excitingly.

minho eyed the boy sitting next to him, and then let out a snort- not being able to help but smile a bit too.

"look at you." he complained. "you're all scruffed up and you're still acting like this." however he paused a bit, recollecting the situation.

"i don't think i've ever seen you like that. like when you were speaking to the guy." he spoke, making jisung tilt his head a bit.

"let's not think about that, let's go home. wanna sleep over?" jisung asked, and of course minho agreed.

for whatever reason though- minho couldn't get over how jisung acted.

it was almost confusing? any other person would probably be scared or upset, but jisung was just normal right now.

it was like he wasn't even concerned?

minho couldn't get the look jisung gave that man out of his mind, yet he didn't know what feeling he laced to it.

"oh by the way i have your pretzels in my bag."

the two went to jisung's home.

~~~

"i found him." minho announced as he walked into the apartment, seungmin laying on the couch.

he was taking a nap, but immediately he looked over to jisung. "woah! what the hell happened to you?" he pointed as jisung took off his shoes.

he shrugged, "oh nothing. i just got lifted off the ground by my neck and also scratched by a child predator. you know, the usual." jisung explained casually- making seungmin almost choke.

minho shot his head towards jisung. "what? you were fucking lifted off the ground? you never told me that!"

"don't worry~~ i told you i'm good." jisung insisted as he flung onto the soft carpet, eyes turning to seungmin who looked shocked.

"min do you wanna play games?" jisung asked, as he looked up.

everything was upside down as jisung looked at minho walk into the bathroom.

he came out without exchanging words, as he put a bandaid on jisung's cheek, before flicking him on the head.

"never do anything like that again. what were you thinking? you should've called me as soon as you felt like something was wrong." minho complained, crossing his arms firmly before going to the trash.

"before i even sensed something the guy spotted me first! he tossed my phone, that's not my fault." jisung pouted.

meanwhile seungmin was still shocked and confused- not comprehending anything as the two bickered.

"wait wait," he sat up straight and stared at them. "so you're telling me jisung went towards the danger?"

minho nodded, still amazed by jisung's reckless behavior.

"hey but they were kids!! if it were anyone else i would've probably been thinking about how scared i was sure, but no one should be trying to take children. those people piss me off the most." jisung pouted, before sitting up on the floor and turning to minho.

"please don't be mad at me." he did his special set of puppy eyes, making minho stare at him for a bit- and he sighed, putting his hand on jisung's head and ruffling his hair.

"i'm not mad. now let's go play smash bros." he smiled as jisung beamed up- running upstairs first.

"hey, still watch over him though. he's been coughing, his throat probably hurts from being held like that." seungmin said to minho who already nodded.

"don't worry, i'm calling him out of work tomorrow." he gave a thumbs up of reassurance, before going upstairs too.